What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I have seen the “stop the war” logo on the Russian-made items on their website. I hadn’t realised anyone else was doing it. 

I´m seeing it´s a Polish question...

Edited by luis pacheco

Interesting things still very slowly en-route from interesting places but some more recent occupational pension payday purchases from closer at hand.

Via eBay – The Decal Dungeon

Cut Then Add Decals CTA004 1/48 ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ decal sheet – USN A-1/A-4/A-6/F-4/KA-3B/RA-5C In Camouflage.

Super Scale International 48-177 1/48 USN Lo-Viz A-7E Corsairs – VA-56/VA-113/VA-195 decal sheet.

From Airfix

3 x Humbrol Acrylic Paint Bundle - 12 For The Price Of 6 Mystery Box , one for myself and one for each of my (middle-aged) sons to pursue their heretical modelling choices – Warhammer and Gundam respectively.

From Hannants

Naval Fighter No.78 – Vought TA-7C/EA-7L , A-7K ‘Twosair’ book , by Steve Ginter , published 2007 by Ginter Books.

Caracal Decals CD48180 1/48 TA-7C/EA-7L ‘Twosairs’ decal sheet.

2 x Flying Leathernecks Decals FLM48-51 1/48 Vought A-7K/TA-7C Corsair Canopy/Wheel Vinyl Mask for Hobby Boss kit.

From Guideline Publications

Warpaint No.133 – Douglas C-47 Skytrain/Dakota In Worldwide Military Service book , by Adrian M. Balch , latest release in the series.

• Like 4

From Paul Meekings books

p?i=cace893a1c2eb35ac57ca0779cea4d8e

And these off Amazon.

p?i=15cec7ee4f66b1045686fb7806486da1

30 sponges per set of various grades and thickness of foam backing. They come in a handy storage box too. Not bad for 12 quid a set and should last me a good while 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 5

A little late, but some goodies from and linked to the Avon show.

IMG_1097

I was admiring a model of the Su-25 frogfoot, as I have done several times so decided to get one. The decals with Ukranian markings, reskit gun, Master pitots and peewit canopy masks are from Hannants.

I decided to make the frogfoot in Ukrainian colours, so went and bought the wrong kit, the Su-39 - I must have been in a daze at the show by the end of the afternoon, I think, and went on the picture on the box. So I have a zvezda Su-39, which meant I ended up buying a Smer Su-25 with Ukranian decals from Hannants.

IMG_1100

Both kits are 1/72, the Smer box is about half the size of the Zvezda box. I thought I must have picked up a 1/48 Su-39, but they are botth 1/72!

Either Smer are absolutely brilliant at packing the box, or there aren't many parts. 

Nope, the Smer kit doesn't have many parts.

Do I build the Su-39 in Ukranian colours, just as a what if, because I don't think the Ukranians actually used the Su-39.? Or shall it become a stash denizen? Only time will tell.

Then, the brand new release by Tamiya of the 1.48 Challenger 2 (desertised) from the show to match my Airfix 1/48 jackal, coyote and warrior from op Herrick.

IMG_1101

I will be looking for some after market, mainly a metal barrel for this one.

Finally, from the show, these;

Well, the master pitot is a duplicated photo,  the Dewoitine D.520 decals  were bought at the show together with the weathering pencils and the new precision rocket plastic cement.

IMG_1102

All in all, despite buying the wrong kit, a pretty decent haul.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 8

A Hasegawa 328GTS 1/24 kit from the local auction site, a nice saving over the RRP if you can find one now, also a box from HLJ with a Sword Tarpon kit with plus several sets of sets of Vic Hobby paints, for USAF Vietnam war colours, plus JASDF RF-4E & RF-4EJ colours & a few singles.

Steve.

• Like 4

Transatlantic Decal-y goodness:

DrawDecal warbird sheets - finally I can finish my 4 seasons series (MJ271 in all it's guises) and the NHS Spit of course.
Not just Spitties though, some Ponies joined in.  "Trusty Rusty" is based over here. 

y4m9gf8XkE1MXYpdnEfncUeyv4X3JcfPdoyYoG-U

Aztec Decals look good too, lots of options.
y4mriXtO2vWkznrKf6XhlJOzFJVQDdBKo4wKIqrI

y4m2d7lrNPGJS0vuhVg_MM2d8U_7GAvwApfH2jci

Moving closer to home, German online store MBK had a major discount/stock reduction going - all these items @ half price, the Ed stuff is OOP now.

y4mcZ8LestS8ss3xsQ7xbwe3L9YTUqHSgxrFREgE

Finally, my pre-ordered Twin Mustang arrived.  I just cannot leave without bringing extras along though :P
Yes another Spit.

y4mDGgB6tsVOWcukYMVLt6wWxTfOvB7OdErUtoJF

• Like 6

Bandai 1/144 “RazorCrest” to add to my small but growing Star Wars collection. Some Tamiya tape 1cm, and four more Tamiya lacquer paints. 

PS - I forgot I had ordered a 1/72 Tamiya F4D Skyray which arrived on Saturday the 27th. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, alt-92 said:

Transatlantic Decal-y goodness:

DrawDecal warbird sheets - finally I can finish my 4 seasons series (MJ271 in all it's guises) and the NHS Spit of course.
Not just Spitties though, some Ponies joined in.  "Trusty Rusty" is based over here. 

y4m9gf8XkE1MXYpdnEfncUeyv4X3JcfPdoyYoG-U

Aztec Decals look good too, lots of options.
y4mriXtO2vWkznrKf6XhlJOzFJVQDdBKo4wKIqrI

y4m2d7lrNPGJS0vuhVg_MM2d8U_7GAvwApfH2jci

Moving closer to home, German online store MBK had a major discount/stock reduction going - all these items @ half price, the Ed stuff is OOP now.

y4mcZ8LestS8ss3xsQ7xbwe3L9YTUqHSgxrFREgE

Finally, my pre-ordered Twin Mustang arrived.  I just cannot leave without bringing extras along though :P
Yes another Spit.

y4mDGgB6tsVOWcukYMVLt6wWxTfOvB7OdErUtoJF

Wow! You certainly aquire a lot of nice stuff. Your stash must be the size of Western Australia...😀

33 minutes ago, IanC said:

Wow! You certainly aquire a lot of nice stuff.

More a case of 'get it while you can afford to'. 

I'm using what I saved on petrol (70-80 litres per week) by working from home to get other petroleum-based products that benefit my wellbeing :D

33 minutes ago, IanC said:

Your stash must be the size of Western Australia...😀

Not really.  I don't have a loft to insulate :P but the hobby room is well stocked. 

• Like 3

A new RHS armrest for my IKEA Torkel office chair, as I managed to break the one on mine. I tend to lean back in a particularly relaxed (or slovenly, according to Mrs Lasermonkey) style and the armrests, which couple the seat back to the seat base, aren’t really up to the task. I’ve already broken and replaced the LHS armrest, so it was only a matter of time. I think I will make some plywood replacements once I have moved.

A trip to Birmingham on Friday just resulted in a visit to Tornado models - which resulted in this purchase;

IMG_1109

A fairreduction in the sale. The little drinks bottles may help achieve some semblance of authenticity in my AFV builds to come.

I also helped HMV by buying the new Tangerine Dream album, Macchu Picchiu, and the new eponymous album by six by six, a prog "supergroup" made up of Robert Berry (worked with Keith Emerson), Nigel Glockler (ex Saxon) and Ian Chrichton (ex Saga).

• Like 4

On 8/20/2022 at 8:18 PM, Whofan said:

Do I build the Su-39 in Ukranian colours, just as a what if, because I don't think the Ukranians actually used the Su-39.? Or shall it become a stash denizen? Only time will tell.

Hi @Whofan, there is another, exotic option. You could build one of the two Su-25TK's used by Ethiopia: https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2021/08/tankovy-busters-russian-su-25tk-attack.html

While there are no specific decals for these machines, Berna does decals for Ethiopian machines which could be used: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/berna-decals-bd-72-87-african-air-forces-migs-and-sukhois--1001877

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

I also helped HMV by buying the new Tangerine Dream album, Macchu Picchiu

What's it like? I've tended to slightly go off of them since Edgar Froese died, although I'm still buying CD's made before his departure.

John.

Picked these up from Dave's Emporium in Southend while I was over there. The M4A3 will become an M50 based on an M4 hull, and the T-62 will eventually become a Tiran 6, once I've remembered who it is that does the conversion kit.

By the way. Anyone intending to visit Dave's Emporium, bear in mind that he is moving, lock stock and barrel up to Lincolnshire in the near future.

John.

Ci5fa8i.jpg

qP5RMJH.jpg

• Like 2