What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

. Heller Canadair CL-415 thanks to Paul J

. VFR piper tri pacer and beech 55 baron 

. Sky-high beech T-34C 

. Academy KC-97L jet boosted tanker 

. Heritage Aviation Grob Tutor. (been waiting a few years for one of these. One popped up on evil Bay at the right time and seller excepted the offer)🙂

Edited by TOPGUN88
  • Like 6

About £100 worth of aftermarket for the three Phantoms and two Bucc kits I ordered: canopy masks, little PE etch sets, camo masks, all the aids a lazy man could want and enterprising firms could sell.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Yesterday a couple of parcels hit the door step, from Special Hobbies, their reboxing of the Academy At-6 kit, AT-6C/D Training to Win & from HLJ a box with three Heller Mirage kits, 2000 B & C & III E/R/5/BA. Then today, from MJW models, Arma Hobby Wildcat F4F-4 & FM-2 combo, plus the KP Hawker tempest 486(NZ) sqn boxing. All stealth mode. :D 

Steve.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Quite a few items but other than the bookazines , everything else would fit inside the cloth carrying bag alongside the magnifying specs.

From Video Aviation in Italy

Stores etc. for various projects.

Video Aviation 212248 1/48 SUU-31 Practice Bomb Dispensers set of two in resin.

Video Aviation 181048 1/48 Practice Bombs BDU-33 & BDU-48 eight of each in resin.

Video Aviation 191348 1/48 USAF Vietnam Ground Support Set in resin - two figures , a wheeled fire extinguisher , two FOD barrels , six ammunition boxes , four tool boxes.

And a complimentary set of Video Aviation 130848 1/48 USAF Wheel Chocks set of six in resin.

From Plastic Model Store in Ukraine

For another twin-seat A-7 bought since the last parts were received plus some stores for various other projects.

CAT 4 R48063 1/48 A-7 Corsair II A/B/C/D/E Radome (for Hobby Boss kit) in resin.

CAT 4 R48073 1/48 TA-7C Corsair II Nose Conversion (for Hobby Boss kit ) in resin.

Reskit RS48-0296 1/48 SUU-7 Dispenser Type 1 resin set of four with flush finished launch tubes.

Metallic Details MDR48129 1/48 M18 Gun Pod with M134 Minigun resin set of two with removable nose fairings.

And a little gift bag of Ukrainian Roshen sweets – the Fizzy Cola is wonderfully sour (and fizzy) but only way to get them in the UK seems to be ultra-costly via eBay from Lithuania.

For attempting different approaches to model a pair of vaguely 1/48 PK family LMG as Mi-24 cabin guns.

From Anvil Industry Ltd.

28mm Dragunov/Bren/AK-47/Magazine Accessory Packs in resin to scratch build as stock/body/barrel/magazine respectively.

From Eureka Miniatures

2 x 28mm Soviet Soldier Prone Figures With PK Machine Gun in metal to surgically remove body/barrel/magazine and add resin stock.

From Classic Magazines

Secret Cold War Designs 1 - US Supersonic Bomber Projects bookazine , by Scott Lowther , latest release from Tempest Books , deals with projects that got as far as being allocated a ‘B’ designation - B-58/XB-59/XB-68/A3J-1/XB-70/F-111/B-1 – next volume will look at others which did not proceed that far , each with multi-view line drawings in various scales dealing with concepts/production standard/future proposals where relevant.

From Key Publishing

P-47 Thunderbolt – Marking 80 Years Of Republic’s Almighty Fighter bookazine ,  recent release mainly focussing on wartime US use.

Aviation Archive No.64 – American Airliners 1945-1965 bookazine , latest addition to the series with the usual mix of colour sideview artwork along with contemporary images and double-page cutaways from The Aeroplane , next release will be WWII British Naval Airpower.

From Aero Research

Cat.No.1106 - Before AMARC No.2 PDF Download , latest addition to the series with 178 Pre-1985 images of aircraft stored at what was then MASDC , mix of with/without Spraylat added.

From The Food Warehouse formerly known as Iceland

Set Of JML Mighty Sight Magnifying Specs With LED Lights , wife spotted and paid for them thinking they might come in handy for close-up work , can be used in conjunction with reading glasses , 160% magnification , come with carrying bag and USB Charger Cable and certainly seem to work a treat , had a look online since and there are a lot of very similar looking and packaged items for half RRP and sometimes less but on looking further some are neither rechargeable nor as sturdy

• Like 6

Couldn't resist KP's Spitfire Mk2a in the 'Aces' release, as the chap on the box art was my great uncle's commanding officer, and we still have his letter from when great uncle died a year after the Battle of Britain.

Other recent purchases are a 1:72 Airfix Gladiator and the 1:76 Airfix Classics AEC Matador gun tractor.  The Gladiator will be built with Battle of Britain decals from this Xtradecal set https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72117 which I bought originally for the 56 Squadron markings so I could build an Angels One Five Hurricane, and the AEC will be a flat bed truck (inspired by a recent thread elsewhere on here), for part of a BoB airfield diorama along with the various associated Airfix and other suitably period vehicles. 

Also a Tamiya 1:35 Sherman M4A3, which will probably be built as Oddball's one from Kelly's Heroes.

Edited by Paul H
spelling & grammer typos...
  • Like 9

A trip to Mighty Lancer Games in Bridlington today yielded this...

p?i=7286f97c8656702412e51a6dc8441665

The Minister of War & Finance said it has to go to some bloke called Santa!  😫

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 4

Via the mighty @Procopius (thank you!), two exquisite 1/72nd scale Arma Hobby F-6C Mustang kits. As my model-building area is currently torn apart whilst being renovated, all I'll be able to do for a while is open the boxes and drool on the parts. I must remember to wash them when I do get around to building them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A fixed penalty parking fine of 35 quid. Had to take mrs fatfingers to a walk in centre yesterday as her GP had no appointments and she needed to be seen. Parked up on street next to centre and went in to get her booked in. Came out after a couple of minutes to move car and bang... had a ticket! He must have been hiding in the bushes and i'm sure they attend the Army Commando School to learn camo techniques! 🤔 Can't really complain though as it's my own fault and was worth it as mrs fatfingers got seen and well cared for 👍

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

A fixed penalty parking fine of 35 quid. Had to take mrs fatfingers to a walk in centre yesterday as her GP had no appointments and she needed to be seen. Parked up on street next to centre and went in to get her booked in. Came out after a couple of minutes to move car and bang... had a ticket! He must have been hiding in the bushes and i'm sure they attend the Army Commando School to learn camo techniques! 🤔 Can't really complain though as it's my own fault and was worth it as mrs fatfingers got seen and well cared for 👍

Regards,

Steve

Glad to see SWMBO has been seen and is OK.

It's not funny when you get a ticket in circumstances like that, but I have a parking ticket claim to fame at work that despite  being retired for over 9 years, has not been beaten yet as far as my colleagues know.

Suffice to say in my work life I was a Customs officer, and one day, in London, we had recourse to arrest someone.

At 0900 I pulled up at the relevant address, we went over the road to the right house, got an answer, arrested our man who'd opened the door, let him get a coat and put his shoes on, took him to the car at 9.05, to discover a parking ticket on the windscreen.

As with you, the traffic warden must have literally been hiding to have seen me park up - admittedly on double yellows, but we had in the full knowledge

a) we weren;t obstructing anything and

b) we'd be away after a few minutes.

Fortunately, the ticket was cleared, but I did get some ribbing at work for being the first person at our office ever to get a ticket while arresting someone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Used to be when the Police were responsible for administering Traffic Wardens that a nicely worded letter to the relevant Chief Constable could often result in them applying their discretionary powers to waive the notice.     Used to get the enquiries regularly and would have to interview the Traffic Wardens and examine their ticket counterfoil and notebooks , check that the criteria relating to the issuing of the ticket had been followed (byelaws , road lines , warning notices , times) , do a site visit to check markings and signage were still displayed clearly (in one town where I worked tickets had been issued for a stretch of privately owned and maintained road for years until someone actually looked at the relevant bylaw and its map to find out why the road surface and kerbs were different) and then verify/disprove any extenuating circumstances that had been given.      From what I read now with most parking being contracted out to commercial interests their in-house appeal processes are far less user friendly and often the opposite.

Only had a ticket once myself.     Parked in Aberdeen one Saturday  in a short term free parking bay with blue badge displayed in a line of cars all of which had been there for some time on a frosty day with iced up windscreens.     Saw that there were notices all along the street that from the following Monday that side of the roadway would become a designated Bus Lane and that parking would be withdrawn from then.     Came back after twenty minutes and found that I had been ticketed almost immediately after parking for blocking the then non-existent bus lane , none of the other longer-term parked cars had been ticketed.

Wrote to the CC of the then Grampian Police rather than the Force Parking Admin Office as displayed on the ticket explaining the circumstances , included photographs and expressed my concerns over the potential disciplinary or even criminal conduct that might be involved.     Almost by return a reply arrived waiving the 'improperly issued' ticket , no mention of it having involved any discretionary powers and perhaps not surprisingly no mention then or later of any follow up action. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Still, hardly an exciting thing to spend money on is it?

Oh I don't know, if it's for the XJS and improves the beast's performance, I'd say it's very exciting! :)

Keith

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Oh I don't know, if it's for the XJS and improves the beast's performance, I'd say it's very exciting! :)

Keith

If it's back to consistently firing on all 12 again I'll be content :whistle:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

A replacement distributor cap and rotor arm. I know, I know, "who still has one of those in 2022?" - but I do and it's past due. Still, hardly an exciting thing to spend money on is it?

PXL_20221028_154240317.jpg

Who can claim upset when it's for the fettling of the grandfather clock?

• Haha 1

Sorry Steve about the parking ticket, and I am glad that Mrs Steve has had the care she needs. Alison is just run of her feet at the moment, especially with the care homes, and so I am not surprised Mrs Steve has struggled to see a GP. Alison was going to retire in March 2024, but as her pension is now fully paid up, she can go any time. 

• Like 2