What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

A flurry of inbounds this week, the result of the realisation my retirement was going to curtail my purchasing, at least until I can sell on some of what I have & no longer feel the "need" for. 

From Modelsua.com, a couple of Amodel kits, a DH 60GIII & a Yak-3 VK-107A, good service, arrived in good time & really well packed, credit to them in the time of peril for their nation.

Also several others, from BNA in Aus, a Tamiya Nissan Skyline GTR kit & an Academy T-50 Korean trainer, from a local (ie NZ) merchant who had a Italeri An-2 for sale, now mine, one of those, been meaning to for years, purchases. I quite fancy the Polish colour scheme, & finally (for today) from RCjaz in Hong Kong, a Hasegawa Lancia 037 in the Blue & Yellow Olio Fiat colurs from the 1984 San Remo Rally, I've long liked that scheme. Quite spendy for me but you know, when its the last one on the internet. ...... :shrug:

Stand by for more to come. :D

Steve.

• Like 10

Amongst my birthday haul, an ICM 1/32 Gladiator Mk1.

Good one, @Biggles87. I have their Sea Gladiator Mk.II which I have only box rummaged. It looks and feels a cracker of a kit. I have Profile #98 somewhere too, together with a whole lot of useful reference books buried deep in storage.

• Like 1

Congrats to @Procopius and Mrs. P. 

Sales items.
9 € for the Eduard, 12€ for the Sword AEW and 19€ for the ICM 215 nightfighter (Leeuwarden based)

y4mh47RhEoo2AzdOb5rfmnZ6oJd1XlNkr_y-USFo

From further afield, plastmodel order. Well packaged and fast delivery. 
And I guess cheaper than the Eduard Wine Women and Song box as well: 
y4mlwTlY_fFAkjNnT4edq68HV5WeJUDsYcRLqQza

Was watching a very interesting presentation on Paul Woodadge's WW2 Youtube channel on the Market Garden Flak suppression bombings by the 8th AF Bomb Groups tuesday evening ( Link for those interested ) and had to get the book in question.  
y4mMpcNxuvQ7bCtdj5NHW9IhswWy_2NdIENZIkFZ

• Like 7

Well, I've done it again. Despite welding the door shut to halt further additions to the carefully curated collection, I've fallen for another impromptu purchase opportunity. My housemate bought a stack of models cheap from a workmate getting out of the hobby (is that what this is?). He's not interested in aircraft so offered me any of about ten kits at cost. After a week of saying 'I'm not interested' cos they are out of my genre, today I chose this Hasegawa Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-4/B in 1/32. I justified my extravagance by i) being seduced by the lines of the F model, my favourite looking 109, ii) it is a well regarded kit in reviews; iii) it looks possible to convert it into an unusual, unarmed Aufklärer (reconnaissance scout, thereby making it preferred genre), or Hans-Joachim Marseille's Yellow 14 F-4 Trop with its attractive desert scheme. I've done a bit of preliminary research, finding illustrations of camera installations, technical manuals in German and resin conversion sets. The trick will be to source the decals. But it's all very well having grandiose ideas. I could avoid all the hassle and just build it outa the box when I finally get to it. The resin bomb is kinda cool and a Tip and Run raider would be something different for me. 🤓

Hasegawa-Bf-109-G4-B.jpg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A flurry of inbounds this week, the result of the realisation my retirement was going to curtail my purchasing

Well, at least you'll have time to build what you've got then Steve.......

...............yeh right, that's what I told myself. And now I seem to build less than when I was working....!!! 🤣

Still, retirement is a lot more fun!

Keith

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Procopius said:

A phenomenally expensive miniature.

52372900016_171d9851b0_k.jpgPXL_20220920_212207199~2 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Her name is Madeleine.

I thought you'd been a bit quiet, recently, sir.  Glad to know it's due to the new little 'un arriving safely.

• Thanks 1

A couple of Airfix 1/72 kits which have no decals, boxes or pilots, but otherwise ok, both for around a fiver, posted. They’re a Spitfire Mk I (of which I could never have too many) and a Gnat, which I’ll do as the RAE Bedford example. I used to see that frequently as a kid. 

• Like 2

Somehow I received a package from Hannants with the 1:72 Italeri (ESCI) re-released F-5A Freedom Fighter, along with a bunch of aftermarket bits and bobs. How did that happen?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

spacer.png

This arrived for me this morning.  One thing's for sure - I'll be buying a set of masks for the glazing rather than cutting my own.  The interior detailing is not quite as good as the recent new toolings (this being a re-release) but the exterior is superb.  One more for the Luftwaffe Twins GB, should it survive the November carnage.

• Like 7

Mainly stockpiling aftermarket odds and ends this week for kits already on the shelf

Via eBay

AML Accessories AMLA 48075 1/48 Hellcat FR.II Reconnaissance Conversion Set in resin for something different to do with a half of an second-hand Eduard Combo picked up at a model show earlier in the summer.

OWL DS48040 1/48 Hellcat FR.II 898 Squadron decals , and ditto as above.

Eduard Brassin 748 022 1/48 F-4 Exhaust Nozzles Early Style , for the Trumpeter RA-5C with an early service build in mind for which I had previously mistakenly bought late style nozzles which will be redirected to one of the Phantoms in the stash.

From Hannants

Eduard F264 1/48 A-7D Corsair II etch , cockpit details.

Eduard FE308 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante etch , cockpit details.

Eduard 49761 1/48 EKA-3 Skywarrior etch , cockpit and interior details.

Aires Hobby Models 4442 ESCAPAC 1G-2 Ejection Seat resin , x 3 for the A-7D.

Aires Hobby Models 4443 ESCAPAC 1G-2 Ejection Seat resin , x2 for the A-7E (early).

All for recent Hobby Boss / Trumpeter buys.

Via Ali Express

4D Models 1/100 ‘Click Assembly’ Tanks - Tiger I , StuG III & StuG IV , a family member has recently taken up ‘Flames of War’ gaming and I bought these for him at just under £3.50 each including delivery and VAT to see how they compare in detail and price as an alternative to the branded items for bulking up a table-top army.

From Key Publishing

Aviation Archive No.63 RAF Fighter Command , usual mix of contemporary photography and cutaways (11) along with some current colour sideview artwork covering Fighter Command aircraft from 1936 – 1968.

Boeing B-29 Superfortress bookazine , covering B-29/B-50 to C-97/Stratocruiser from WWII to Cold War.

From Airfix

Airfix Club Magazine  , Issue 05 2022

• Like 3