What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

Been a bad boy, trying to not buy any kits for while but I’ve been thinking about the hasegawa p-51s in my local for 2 months since my last mustang and as I’ve about to start another the thoughts returned and rather than be sensible and cheap and build the airfix in the stash I sinned and went for the hasegawa edit and I’ve also just got myself a pizza thats too big for my cycling bag like a complete tool, suppose that’s karma 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just back from a week holiday in the UK, booked ages ago and it now coincided with HM's funeral arrangements. 
So not everything planned was possible - did get a glimpse of the procession to Westminster Hall. 
Duxford weekend, a trip around Woodbridge area ( via Boxted, Debenham, Fowlmere), then London for a visit to RAFM Hendon* & the rest, then back again through Suffolk with a stop at Lakenheath & Mildenhall, and old airfield spots like Yoxford, Bassingbourn, Martlesham Heath, Bottisham, Debach....

On the doorstep when I came home yesterday:
y4mIpCfbuWsUgeHCSogelfeuvXTZZaZcDjlsyRTa

*The Forgotten Pilots is a second-hand book from the Hendon store, written by ATA pilot Lettice Curtis. 
Turns out it's a little treasure-trove of information, well written and imo deserves a spot on the bookshelf!

• Like 10

From Furball Aero-Design

Furball 48-022 1/48 Killer Whales Part 1 decals , recent re-issue of their 2013 A-3 Skywarrior Decal Sheet , unlike another noted US decal manufacturers Furball still accept individual orders from the UK so having missed this first time round ordered the re-issue as soon as it was in stock although its delivery coincided with them arriving at Hannants so could have saved on shipping had I known they were going to arrive there so quickly - new releases from the other manufacturer mentioned to traders in the UK are months behind. 

From Nautilus Models

Nautilus Models 48-801 1/48 RA-5C Internal Brace , laser-cut ply fuselage brace to provide the necessary  strengthening for the Trumpeter kit for those like myself lacking the skills/confidence to lash something up from sprue , didn’t realise that the pack included a pair of very nicely cast resin engine-intake blanks complete with handles.

Via eBay

From Mastercasters_1 , Master AM-48-080 1/48 RA-5C Vigilante Pitot and ADA Probe , had a look at the kit plastic for the pitot and it seems a bit too delicate so maybe more survivable in brass.

• Like 1

Hopefully Matchbox prices on online sites are starting to return to a reasonable level. I have been after a Matchbox A-20. There have been plenty "buy it now" ones around the £30 mark and even those being auctioned were getting £20+ (inc p&p). I was not keen enough to pay that sort of sum, Today I got one at £17.40 in total. 

Result one happy purchaser - ME

• Like 3

My £15 (plus postage) “spares or repair”  Airfix Valiant arrived today. I have had a look through the box and the only missing parts are the cockpit parts. As I already have a Valiant in the stash, I can copy those parts. I can scratch the larger parts with plasticard. The seats I’ll try to do with Oyumaru and epo putty. I bet little will be seen through the windows anyway. 

I’m very happy with what I got for the money. 

• Like 6

On 9/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, alt-92 said:

*The Forgotten Pilots is a second-hand book from the Hendon store, written by ATA pilot Lettice Curtis. 

I have the Spitfire Women book and one other but I never knew this one existed. It's currently around 70 GBP on ebay!

Bless them all :poppy:

Your airbase tour sounded great. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's currently around 70 GBP on ebay!

Mine was a steal then at 12 GBP :D 

Tour was fun, driving around all those B roads in a Dutch reg Alfa Romeo 159 is guaranteed to deliver some raised eyebrows.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Procopius said:

A phenomenally expensive miniature.

Her name is Madeleine.

Allow me to be the first to say "Well done Mrs P!", and to send my best wishes to you both. Mads looks a bonny lass, may she bring you both great joy.

(re "Mads". I'm an Aussie, abbreviations are what we do. ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Rob G said:

Allow me to be the first to say "Well done Mrs P!", and to send my best wishes to you both. Mads looks a bonny lass, may she bring you both great joy.

(re "Mads". I'm an Aussie, abbreviations are what we do. ;)

It's what we call her too. She's fairly even-tempered, so far. But she was born on the 19th, so time will tell.

• Like 2

Congratulations to you and Mrs Procopius. We had one of each and it was a completely different experience with Ellie than it was with Joe. Seemed to have turned out OK. Joe towers over the pair of us, and Ellie as a primary school teacher treats us as if we are five. Where did all that time go? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1