What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

Got this little beauty! Another 352nd Blue Noser for my collection! less than £10. "The Kelly Kid 2".

If memory serves me correctly, someone in the group built this fairly recently!:yikes:

Screenshot-2022-08-13-at-18-19-56.png

Love the picture on the box! Dramatic!👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Thanks for your reply! I knew someone had!👍😂

I have George Preddys “Cripes A’mighty” and Col’ John Meyers “Petrie 2nd” in Corgi, I have one called “Miss Helen” in Oxford diecast and “Snoots Snipper” in Gemini Aces; all diecast models in flying poses, so this one will be in ‘parked on the ground’ pose 😎👍

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 5:58 PM, alt-92 said:

I'd wait for the Eduard one to appear, honestly...

Good idea , with pension day almost here I was pricing it today and as the decals I bought are for the Wildcat Mk.VI then I would need an FM-2 kit and although the Hobby Boss kit is on the face of it the cheaper choice by the time I replace the engine and cowling then the proposed Eduard kit actually works out cheaper (presuming they get those changes right of course) and if it follows the example of the F4F-3 would have the added bonus of masks and pre-coloured PE. 

• Like 1

Slowly moving into old codger territory today. 
Birthday pressies from me to me:

2nd hand P-3C Orion, old release but all parts accounted for. There's a set of Dutch MLD Orion decals on it's way as well (I still maintain it was stupid to sell them off but hey - if you shut down the airfied they're based on...).

Norwegian N-3PB, and for good measure the Seafire Mk.XV because it's such a hodgepodge - Seafire Mk.III fuselage, SS Griffon from a Mk.XII, tailworks off of the Mk.VIII.

And in anticipation of Kinetic's new mould F-16AM, the Syhart Klu J-015 Demo decals & appropriate MRP paints.

y4mfi888Dw6fATda2nMCOwNJyQDXN2RhZ4_K8IDX

• Like 7

Just placed an order with Sovereign Hobbies, now that they’re open again. I hope everyone is well!

I managed to snag some of the discontinued Armee de l’air colours that I had neglected to buy back in the day. I’m very much regretting not having done that now, as I missed several colours which are now gone for good. The obsessive completist in me will be wincing for years to come!

I’ve  been pretty good lately and bought very few kits, even when bargains have popped up. I’m in the process of packing everything up for an impending house move, so don’t really need to be finding room for new kits. Added to that, all my hobby stuff will have to go into storage until my new workshop is finished, and I can realistically see that taking a year before I’m up and running again. Not quite sure how I’ll cope with that, being a creative person. I guess I’ll worry about that when it happens. 

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

A couple of '104s!

I got an AMT/ERTL "QF-104A" 1/72 for £!0 and today a Hasegawa F-104G/S "Special Mark" (cat drawing) 1/72 landed on my door mat :). They are all part of a determined effort to build Starfighters for the rest of 2022 and in to 2023 :) ...... unless I get distracted! ....... ;). These two will end up as a Hasegawa/AMT (Esci) QF-104A, using the "best” from each kit. Before that I need another F-104A/C kit to similarly build a Hase/Esci YF-104A. The other '104s in the plan are a G and a TF-.

Martin

• Like 3

On 14/08/2022 at 12:55, alt-92 said:

Slowly moving into old codger territory today. 
Birthday pressies from me to me:

2nd hand P-3C Orion, old release but all parts accounted for. There's a set of Dutch MLD Orion decals on it's way as well (I still maintain it was stupid to sell them off but hey - if you shut down the airfied they're based on...).

Norwegian N-3PB, and for good measure the Seafire Mk.XV because it's such a hodgepodge - Seafire Mk.III fuselage, SS Griffon from a Mk.XII, tailworks off of the Mk.VIII.

And in anticipation of Kinetic's new mould F-16AM, the Syhart Klu J-015 Demo decals & appropriate MRP paints.

y4mfi888Dw6fATda2nMCOwNJyQDXN2RhZ4_K8IDX

The Orion looks like fun!

• Like 2

After a brief, unscheduled trip to the closest hobby store, some Revell Aqua paint to try (I had to after seeing @PlaStix's tutorial and the results he achieves hand brushing), and some Tamiya LP-2.

I also got my new favourite paint for certain applications - in the shape of one can of Tamiya TS-16 Yellow, and one of TS-47 Chrome Yellow. These are two finely distinguished hues of yellow bought to see which will work best for the AlleyCat Javelin Mk.2 conversion I'm working on. The thing about this stuff is that you can decant it straight into the colour cup on the airbrush through a straw (it works well as long as you're careful), stir it with a brush until it stops fizzing, then spray.

• Like 2

I managed to bag a 1/32 Revell Lynx Mk8 on eBay the other day. My son brought me the Haynes manual a couple of christmases ago, so it was only inevitable.

• Like 1

I went to Cosford for the day today and had to buy a book or three:

spacer.png

I've read Nichol's Spitfire before and quite enjoyed it, so I'll give the Lanc one a read soon.  Don't know much about the other two but will get acquainted ASAP.

• Like 4

A new fridge/freezer. We had suspected for some time that our old one was becoming less and less efficient, but on Sunday night I noticed that it was getting very hot to the touch on the outside and the inside was slowly getting warmer too: the freezer compartment was at -15°C and the fridge was up to 7°C. I pointed a fan at it and within a few hours I’d got the temperature down again, but after 22 years, it was clear that its time had come. There’s nothing like a long spell of hot weather to put a strain on ageing white goods.

The new one is up and running now, but it’s money I’d rather have spent on something a bit more fun.

• Like 6

@lasermonkey we had to do something similar last year. Our old chest freezer was icing up round the lid, and getting very icy throughout. I checked the seal and noticed it wasn't actually seating property, so not creating a correct seal and letting air in, cold air out! We purchased a new upright freezer, that fitted a lot more in, and was much more efficient as well.

Edited by treker_ed

9 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

There’s nothing like a long spell of hot weather to put a strain on ageing white goods.

Not just ageing - our Beko thing is less than three years old and was starting to really struggle in 30 degree heat. It's also supposed to be 'totally frost free' but for the last 4 months or so there's been ice build up in the fan compartment and behind the shelves.  Never bought Beko before, never will again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Not just ageing - our Beko thing is less than three years old and was starting to really struggle in 30 degree heat. It's also supposed to be 'totally frost free' but for the last 4 months or so there's been ice build up in the fan compartment and behind the shelves.  Never bought Beko before, never will again

That's not reassuring! Guess what make ours is. The new one isn't frost free though, although our last one was.

I know I said I was trying to be good and not buy any more kits for the time being, but I was offered an MPM Meteor FR.9 (still sealed in its original bags) for less than £9 posted. I couldn’t turn that down.

I also snagged a few paints from eBay that were cheap. 

• Like 3

On 17/08/2022 at 08:45, keefr22 said:

Very wise, they are crap.

A while back we bought a fridge and freezer from them - they both barely made it past the 12 month guarantee before expiring. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neil.C said:

Very wise, they are crap.

A while back we bought a fridge and freezer from them - they both barely made it past the 12 month guarantee before expiring. 

I was thinking about it yesterday, and recalled the reason we bought one was because both our son and daughter have them and they've both lasted over a decade! Guess the quality has taken a dive....