What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

Needed some xtradecal Roundels and MjW models (who seem to no longer have a forum presence, hope Mikes ok) were the cheapest on eBay, went direct to their site and grabbed the xtradecal mossie xvi sheet as it’s been ages since I’ve given them custom and I’ve wanted the sheet for ages 

Popped into the charity shop earlier and wasn't expecting this lot of dvd's...

New Jag XK & Aston V8 - Promotional dvd.

The development of Land Rovers.

The history of Jaguar.

Racing through time - Aston Martin.

The story of the Mini.

Aston Martin - Class Elegance and Power.

Great British Cars - Motoring in the Golden Age.

Corvette - America's Sportscar.

Classic Cars - 3 disc box set.

Monaco Grand Prix - Race of Kings.

The story of the Red Arrows - 2 dvd box set.

• Like 2

@Vince1159  Score. 👍

The last couple of days I've had a RSmodels  p-39Q drop on the doorstep, fancied the Canton Island Sand scheme, also a Clear Prop XA2D Sky Shark, both 1/72 of course, the latter rather spendy, especially postage, it is quite a big box but hard to pass up.

Steve.

• Like 3

Yet another Karaya kit, this time their 1/72 Fairey Flycatcher. This despite me having no less than 4 copies of the old 1/48 Inpact kit in various boxings, as well as Armory's beautiful 1/48th kit which I bought direct from their stall at Telford in 2019.

The Flycatcher is 'one of those', the ones that just grip me, like Twotters, E.E. Lightnings and BAe 146s... I know, I have issues... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Tamiya 1/48 P-38 J arrived yesterday, have their 1/48 P-38 F/G too and the plan is to build them together, just a couple of kits to finish and I can get stuck in.

uwlumDA.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, One 48 said:

My Tamiya 1/48 P-38 J arrived yesterday, have their 1/48 P-38 F/G too and the plan is to build them together, just a couple of kits to finish and I can get stuck in.

uwlumDA.jpg

Nice … My birthday is next month and Im hoping I can find one to treat myself with a nice gift. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice … My birthday is next month and Im hoping I can find one to treat myself with a nice gift. 

Yesterday when kit arrived was my Birthday, so perfect timing when the postie rang my bell and delivered it to me :)

• Like 4

Just received an 1/72 Airfix U-2 kit, 1/72 Heller F-86, and 1/72 Hasegawa P-40E with a DB resin conversion to make an early or late long-tail P-40F which will be in North African or early Italian campaign markings. Ive built pretty much every mark of P-40 with exception of an F/L and Q. I also received the decals needed to move my Platinum Jubilee Sabre F.4 forward. Non-modeling a couple of prescriptions to deal with the infection in my foot. 

• Like 1

An envelope from Hannants today with a couple of decal sheets, Modelart with Fougas & RN Seakings, now got some markings for a Seaking from Eagle in the right timescale for her visit to New Zealand in 1971, also a Printscsale F-16 Desert Storm sheet, a couple of subjects on it I fancy. Getting so as the price is getting silly now that the big H is insisting on tracked post which we also pay GST on. The next order might be with a kit, at least decals come for free then.

• Like 2

It's been a while :)

From the recent Airfix Club special offer week: 
The new(ish) Mk.XVIII, Club package and to make the shipping worth it, mystery box.
y4mE036yPrn96Md_tci9TYKWBHw6vi1iQ860XBr-

From HLJ during their site relaunch campaign: 
The new FineMolds F-2A ,  another F-4EJ and an Aoshima US-2 flying boat.

y4mWnZBCQIzU4VCfeRyk2DqsWEATKW9Fe3OrOdlW

• Like 6

My fairly old (15 years or thereabouts) compressor is really beginning to act up now, and I think it is reaching the end if its life. It was an unbranded one bought as part of a kit at a SMW and so I feel I have no cause for complaint. Its replacement arrived yesterday. An Airgoo Ag326 compressor with tank. I think it is something out the same factory that makes Fengda and other Chinese ones. Tried it out and seems OK. 

Awaiting some Iwata Superlube as my tube has split and leaked it's contents. You really have to be very careful when Googling this stuff, I mean flavoured? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Mr T said:

You really have to be very careful when Googling this stuff, I mean flavoured? 

Everything for a pleasurable experience. 
..or something along those lines :P

• Haha 3

As hoped for , some more pre-orders and new releases again this week.

From Hannants

AMP 48019 1/48 Kaman HH-43 Huskie kit , pre-ordered with 10% off so even with shipping added still worked out at a few pence under UK RRP and over £10 less than paying its bus fare from Europe , only saw the real thing once briefly and from afar fluttering about over Upper Heyford as I passed on a train after a parachute Course at RAF Abingdon in spring 1972 , later bought the 1/32 Testors/Italeri kit but gave up from a lack of cabin interior references , bought the 1/72 MACH 2 kit and opened the box frequently but eventually surrendered to the terror and sold it , third time lucky?

From Books etc.

USAFE Tactical Units in the United Kingdom in the Cold War 1950-1992 book , by Doug Gordon , published June 2022 by Fonthill , on offer at 60% RRP with free shipping for 448 pages with 468 illustrations

From Phoenix Publications

Wild Weasels – Defence Suppression & Electronic Warfare Aircraft book , by Andy Evans and Steven J DiNucci , pre-ordered July 2022 release from  Phoenix as No.3 in their Real to Replica Red Series.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Des said:

bought the 1/72 MACH 2 kit and opened the box frequently but eventually surrendered to the terror and sold it

:rofl2:

I've got you all beat. My latest kit is a Bordernut* Lancaster. When I'm going to build it and where I'm going to display it if it ever gets built is definitely TBD.

Best Regards,

Jason

*Border Models/Wingnut Wings

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 5

A free C.19 positive test result. 😕 

Ah well. It was nice while it lasted.  
Probably caught it on the company outing (at least that had a good line up and lots of free drinks)

y4m5qeF1YDu1cObfCj98KjtVn2CXvZiw-yvevlGv

• Sad 6