What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

I saw this picture and it quite surprised me, as my 1/72 Clear Prop Gloster E28/39 has quite different box art;

But then I noticed your box is marked starter and mine's marked expert.

We have the wrong kits,, mate; I should have yours and  you should have mine !!

Your's has the engine, mine doesn't. That's the only difference.

Chris

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Your's has the engine, mine doesn't. That's the only difference.

Chris

Oh dear, the internet took the humour out of my post - I was trying to point out you are the expert, I'm the starter!!

I looked at Hannants site and noticed they aren't stocking the expert boxing now, which did surprise me.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Whofan said:

Oh dear, the internet took the humour out of my post - I was trying to point out you are the expert, I'm the starter!!

I looked at Hannants site and noticed they aren't stocking the expert boxing now, which did surprise me.

That's on me! My old brain didn't pick up on the humor aspect. I am definitely not even close to an expert.

Chris

• Haha 2

On 01/05/2022 at 08:47, Whofan said:

Unfortunately that may be due to Clear Prop's location.... :(

🇺🇦

Keith

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Unfortunately that may be due to Clear Prop's location.... :(

🇺🇦

Keith

Of course.

How stupid of me to forget.☹️

I was offered an AMK 1/72 Aero L-29 Delfin for a shade over eleven of The Queen's Pounds, including postage. Having seen a beautiful example of the model here on Britmodeller recently, I gave in to temptation.

I also got the Xtradecal T-33A/F-80C sheet which includes the 81st TFW example. As that's the only subject on the sheet I'm interested in, I'm glad I only paid three quid or so for it. Anyone know whether there are any decals for other UK-based T-33s in 1/72?

• Like 1

From Skyshelf.eu

PDF download of The Nord 2501 Noratlas , by Xavier Capy , published 1997 by Escale , 297 pages in English covers Nord 2500 to 2508 along with projects that were trialled such as a gunship variant and others such as AEW that were not , heavily illustrated mainly in b&w with some colour , includes unit histories , production list , line drawings and much more.     Saw alt-92’s purchase above and remembered that I had one of the earlier single kits in the loft but few references so a brief search later and for a modest outlay of 12 Euros have more than I will ever need but sadly no mention of Israeli AAR for which I still only have one very small grainy image found in an Osprey publication a while back.

• Like 2

spacer.png

I bought this kit as I just couldn't get over the snazzy blue and OD "camo" of the Cuban scheme.  I found it on Ebay for a reasonable price and viola, there she blows.

spacer.png

This kit is a bit of nostalgia for me.  My Mum bought me this one for my tenth (I think) birthday and I loved it.  If I'm honest the kit's not as marvellous as I remembered it to be but I'll enjoy building and upgrading it as I go.  Again, this was an Ebay bargain.

When I'll get the chance to build them, God only knows.  We're in the middle of moving to a smaller house and it looks like I won't have the room to take my modelling desk.

• Like 8

A shedload of AK "Real" paints for the late-war Luftwaffe and some Gunze lacquers for same, as part of my commitment to buying lots of paint that I end up liking less than Colourcoats and thus never using.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Turned out my bike couldn’t be repaired so I ordered a new one today though I didn’t pay, as it’s my birthday next month the bank of dad covered it. Can’t wait to pick it up on Tuesday  

Got the call it’s  actually ready this morning, so have ridden it home, guess I need to respray my helmet to match 4743-E475-CCFC-4-C66-817-E-EC7-AC135-F92A26-EAEE0-73-DA-40-FF-8397-DAB2-DCC11930

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

Some masks for my Airfix MiG-17F from Hannants. I initially thought it would be easy to mask the canopy myself, but my hands just aren't steady enough any more. To get free postage, I added the Modeldecal sheet with the non-operational Lightnings. There were just three left when I bought it, but it seems to be out of stock now.

A pair of Skechers Arch Fit slip on shoes which SWMBO tells me are worn by “ all old people “. I don’t care, they’re very comfortable and preferable to stomping around in my big boots in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A trip to Halifax Modellers World netted the following, most on back order

KP Spitfire X, XIand Hawk Major. The latter was bought before I read the comments on BM, ho hum. 

SH Meteor NF11 in RAF service. 

I looked at the Messenger, but didn't think it any real advance on the Pavla kit. I can live with vacform canopies in the Pavla one. 

• Like 2

On 05/04/2022 at 01:52, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So I was able to finally fix my Jeep’s brakes after 11 months. I got the brakes done in May of 21, and every 3 months and 3000 miles like clockwork they would fail. I finally got tired of bringing it to the same shop. So two weeks ago and again today hopefully we finally solved the issue. The original shop was warrantying the brakes but buying a generic set of brakes each time. Turns out the metallurgy was bad from the get go on the generic brakes. After about 3000 miles they would melt completely. So after 11 months we put original manufacture brakes on again and hopefully this solves the issue. To treat myself for not wanting to lose my temper Ive treated myself to a few items. First up I finally got my Airfix Vc spitfire. SX3lPxq.jpg

Followed by three decal sheets. Star decals 35-911 USMC Shermans @ Iwo jima. RQsjUzZ.jpg

The Upper left or right will be my build in the Sherman STGB. Followed by these for a Vacuform Ki.32 Mary that I have. The Ki.32 is one of this rare aircraft of Japan from that era that I really like. 9qkKlCD.jpg

Last up is this sheet for Ukrainian Su.25 Frogfoot. Now I just need to find a 1/72 Frogfoot kit what are my options ? tM64yos.png

Dennis

I got the Spitfire from my daughter for Christmas, havent built it yet, but I got it!😉

• Like 2

Got this little beauty delivered this morning! 

Screenshot-2022-04-15-at-15-57-36.png

DE93-C7-A3-8-B21-48-F8-A4-CC-8-FD2-A25-F Gonna have to decide wot one I'll go for! 950 has a dark blue prop spinner; 843 has a black spinner.

Tried to order it at Hannants but there seemed to be a problem and my order didnt go through, tried Model Hobbies but I can't log-in, so I went to eModels and got it there!

Lots of nice detail in this but would have been nicer if the canopy had been given an open option, I could still do it but the side door doesnt have an open option either. Aww well; the Airfix Spitfire VC Trop does; I'll go for that one as open instead.

Wots in the box?

IMG-0317.jpg

IMG-0318.jpg

IMG-0319.jpg

IMG-0320.jpg I like this form of cockpit detail; the seat arrangement too; better than the ol' days when there was just a 'zig-zag' piece of plastic and the seat went on that!

IMG-0321.jpg According to the plans I've to use the 5 spoked wheels.

IMG-0322.jpg One clear transparency; but I have spares in my collection!

• Like 5

Received this week:

JVITr7q.jpg

The two A10 Cruiser Tanks were from One35Scale.com, part of their May deal, if you bought two they were half price, so £60.00 for both, something it would have been rude to ignore.  The Meteor from Ebay a bargain at £16.00.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Markh-75 said:

Lots of nice detail in this but would have been nicer if the canopy had been given an open option, I could still do it but the side door doesnt have an open option either. Aww well; the Airfix Spitfire VC Trop does; I'll go for that one as open instead.

If you have any Eduard kits they usually come with both open/closed door options. You could steal one from an Eduard kit. 

18 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If you have any Eduard kits they usually come with both open/closed door options. You could steal one from an Eduard kit. 

Only thing is cutting the door outta the side, I have an opening canopy but it would be a Mk. Xl with a Mk. lX canopy because on the latter it didn’t have the armoured windscreen! I’ll have a look because I’m not positive but I might even have a spare door!:idea:

I did make an Eduard one; but I dropped it when it was near enough finished and I was gutted!🤬and it was busted beyond possibility of repair.

• Like 1