What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

25 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Can you come and do ours when you've finished...?! :nodding: 🤣

Keith

Certainly.... will work for food and beer! 🍺😀

Regards,

Steve

• Haha 1

Well just picked these up, u1H0EHI.jpg

The A-37 is for my Illinois ANG project. The Airfix HS.123 yes its an older mold but Ive had a want for one of these for awhile as I like the late 30’s Bi-planes from most nations. oKDMMki.jpg

Bought some more Tamiya LS lacquers and a Mr.color as I cannot find Tamiya's red to save my life. The C/A is a replacement as I think my bottle is going bad. YV8wVEu.jpg

And before you all laugh my SWMBO is very patient and is nice enough to indulge my hobby. So I indulged hers today, the Hobbytown I was in caters to vintage collectables and reproductions of said items. She is a HUUUUUGE “Hello Kitty” fan so I bought her this. TSlv21f.jpg

Figured it couldn't hurt to bank some good points in the bank of good will. 

Dennis

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, stevehnz said:

An Airfix P-51B from Southern Sky Models in Perth via ebay, the only one I've found that had the score board in register, a decent price & decent postage. Its a replacement for the one I sold years ago before I learned to appreciate some of the classic kits out there. :)

Steve.

Is that 'Hun Hunter', Steve? I remember building that one - and others - when it appeared in their 'Aircraft of the Aces' series. Enjoyed doing them without worrying too much about wing shape and all the other things we get hung up on now.  😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IanC said:

Is that 'Hun Hunter', Steve? I remember building that one - and others - when it appeared in their 'Aircraft of the Aces' series. Enjoyed doing them without worrying too much about wing shape and all the other things we get hung up on now.  😀

Yes, it is Ian, I think I moved the previous one on because it didn't have a Malcolm hood & wasn't RAF. I've broadened my outlook a bit since then. As I recall in one or other of the Mustang wing discussions, the Airfix wing is not as dire as some others are. I've book marked builds by @AdrianMF & @Alan P, it was these that convinced me I needed another one. It appears to go together well.

Steve.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, chrisrope said:

Latest charity shop find, all still sealed for the princely sum of 299 pence 😁👍

Surely you mean £1 4s 11d.

• Haha 6

For the F15 group build, I am using the Hasegawa kit from about 1990. It is still a nice kit, but a bit short in the cockpit line, even with the canopy closed. 

I have invested in the Dream Model PE set, which was a reasonable price and also invested in a set of Reskit Shafir3 missiles. I hope the lady who packed them in the Ukraine is safe. 

I have a weapons set from Hasegawa in the stash somewhere with the Sparrows. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

For the F15 group build, I am using the Hasegawa kit from about 1990.

I remember building that kit as a teenager; I'd not built a Hasegawa kit before and was a bit reluctant to depart from my usual Airfix kits.  It was a great kit, as I remember.

Yet another Eduard 1/72 MiG-21, this time the PFM (Weekend Edition). I really wanted that Vietnamese aircraft in the dark/light brown scheme. 

I got it from the same seller as the PF and was offered it at a very good price. That’s thirteen Eduard MiG-21s now!

Forgot to mention- I snagged three Zvezda 1/72 MiG-21 Bis kits second-hand off eBay over the last couple of weeks, all for bargain prices. 

• Like 3

On 05/04/2022 at 01:52, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So I was able to finally fix my Jeep’s brakes after 11 months. I got the brakes done in May of 21, and every 3 months and 3000 miles like clockwork they would fail. I finally got tired of bringing it to the same shop. So two weeks ago and again today hopefully we finally solved the issue. The original shop was warrantying the brakes but buying a generic set of brakes each time. Turns out the metallurgy was bad from the get go on the generic brakes. After about 3000 miles they would melt completely. So after 11 months we put original manufacture brakes on again and hopefully this solves the issue. To treat myself for not wanting to lose my temper Ive treated myself to a few items. First up I finally got my Airfix Vc spitfire. SX3lPxq.jpg

Followed by three decal sheets. Star decals 35-911 USMC Shermans @ Iwo jima. RQsjUzZ.jpg

The Upper left or right will be my build in the Sherman STGB. Followed by these for a Vacuform Ki.32 Mary that I have. The Ki.32 is one of this rare aircraft of Japan from that era that I really like. 9qkKlCD.jpg

Last up is this sheet for Ukrainian Su.25 Frogfoot. Now I just need to find a 1/72 Frogfoot kit what are my options ? tM64yos.png

Dennis

Yup; my daughter got me the Desert Spitfire too, for Christmas! Looks a cracking kit!👍

• Like 1

Here is the 4pm News!😐

Markh-75's modelling mojo was given a nice and welcomed boost this afternoon when he ordered this!

Screenshot-2022-04-15-at-15-25-29.png

:happy:

He also added this Screenshot-2022-04-15-at-15-57-36.png to his Wishlist on the Hannants webpage! A keen modeller, these will be a very nice addition to his model collection and will be featured on Britmodeller when each has been completed. 

“A big part of modelling for me is the finding the model, and buying/ordering it, having it delivered, and then receiving it, opening the box to look at the parts; imagining what the model will be like to build, and what it looks like when it’s completed, I’m really looking forward to this one arriving and getting to building it; I don’t know how long it’ll wait in my stash, before I do”,  he said.

😂😂

• Like 5

Some catching up with books , decals and a pressie kit for someone that have been in transit for a couple of weeks along with some new releases this week.

From The Aviation Historian

The Aviation Historian Issue No.39 on subscription arrived this week and as always a very readable mix of aviation stories across the decades , subscription renewal arrived with it so another year has flown in.

From The Aviation & Military Book Centre

Latest releases in the Duke Hawkins range released last week.
Duke Hawkins Aircraft In Detail 023 Fitter – Flying With Air Forces In Eastern Europe  -  emphasis is on Polish aircraft but nonetheless excellent coverage.

Duke Hawkins Classic Aircraft In Detail 001 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX & XVI and 002 North American T-6 Harvard/Texan - new series focused on warbirds/preserved examples but same format and to the usual high standards.

From Discount Hobby Zone in Greece

From The Cockpit 16 – Barracuda , by Robert McCandless , published 2012 by Ad Hoc Publications , one of the now out-of-print series that is a bit harder/more expensive to source but bought new from Greece for £28 including shipping was still around two-thirds of the cheapest price with postage for second-hand issues that I could find for sale in the UK.

Via eBay

The Fairey Barracuda – Orange Series 1 , by  Matthew Willis , published 2016 by MMP Books , same story as the Ad Hoc volume , £22.50 delivered new from Poland (yaro11c) with UK prices new (second-hand only a couple of pounds cheaper) ranging from £57 to £120 not including postage.

From the Czech Republic AZ 4815 1/48 Fairey Firefly FR.1/NF.1 Decals , RN Camouflaged and EDSG/Sky NF.1 plus an RCN two-tone grey FR.1 options , no packaging so could either be the decals and instructions from the kit or its decal sheet released separately as both carried the same Item No. on the decal sheet itself.

Via Ali Express

Picked this up for £13.50 delivered for my youngest - 1/144 GN-005 Virtue Gundam Fighter , boxed but no identifiable brand (in English at least) but either actual parts or very good copies (right down to the locking together of different coloured areas on the sprues) of the Bandai kit it seems.     Both sons (now 45 & 49) humoured me as teenagers when I tried to encourage their interest in modelling but both have since taken it up during lockdown , one with Gundam and the other towards the high-end of Games Workshop figures on which his painting technique is far better than anything I have ever managed.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 1:50 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

trying to hold off as much as possible on purchases as an etailer I use has tends to have some kind of easter thing on and theres a few bits I'd like from them, but ebay got me two kits over the last few days for GB's, heller mirage III and MB Meteor, also put in a sneaky order from said etailer for some revell glue as I am on my last pot (honestly I am) and not because it boosted my loyalty points over the next discount voucher for said easter splurge......😀

Indeed they did have an easter thing, didn't order in the end the item (Herpa Diecast Luftwaffe A350) I was most after as Its too big to fit with my other 1/200 VIP aircraft having a slightly bigger wingspan than a 747 that just fits, but did order some Herpa snap fits, BA A320Neo, AA A321Neo and TAP A330NEO edit: a reminder of a eBay by invitation offer after a couple of drinks has now seen me add a premier Thomson 757 to todays haul 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Well, only a couple of weeks after I found the EF-111 I mentioned before, I finally managed to get a Hasegawa F-111C for an acceptable price ! All previous ones I had seen were going for prices that I struggled to justify but this one in the end sold for something I was happy enough to pay. Now my F-111 collection is complete, meaning that I have all the variants I'm interested in building. Should be time to start building them now.... 🤣

• Like 5

Both kits are 1/72nd scale and both for £5!

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Funny! the Gee Bee is 2. 3/4 " or 7cms long and the Beriev is 12. 3/4" or 32cms long! Both 1/72nd scale!

• Like 7

A mixed bundle of old Humbrol and Airfix enamels. 26 tins in all, including three colours I didn’t have. I also have a few more Humbrol Authentics and Airfix paints on the way. I only need six colours now to complete my Airfix enamel collection. 

• Like 4

A Fujimi 1/72 MiG-21SMT off eBay. The "Buy It Now" price was probably as low as I'm likely to see, plus I I had noticed that it was attracting a few watchers. I know the Fujimi Balalaikas are not without their faults, but I ran out of breath waiting for Eduard to release theirs, and I really wanted an SMT.

If Eduard do release an SMT soon, you know who to thank.

• Like 3