What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Glad to hear things are getting better, albeit slowly.

Thanks very much; as much as it's been a pain in the neck, that's all it has been.  There are plenty of folk who've had it much worse than me. 

• Like 1

Well My original Purchase of the MiG-21 Begemot Decal sheet git cancelled of you remember. When looking for a replacement I couldn't find another trustworthy source for Begemot decals that was a decent price. So started looking around for something similar. Since the decals were going to be used for an KP Mig-19 kit I was really only after the roundels and bort #’s. I found a source in the USA for Print-scale decals and bought Arab air force’s for the MiG-19. li66Vv9.jpg

I plan on doing the two toned grey Mig-19 ⬆️ seen here. Bonus is thst now I can buy multiple MiG-19’s and 21’s as I have plenty of markings. 

HTh2LlD.jpg

Dennis

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Received this monsterous Faun L1212 transporter in 144th from Panzer-Shop.nl   Its an incredibly detailed 3d print and will be the centrepoint of my summer-build 1960s Cold War project.

spacer.png

Nice what kind of Self Propelled Artillery is that ? Is it an M109 Paladin or something else ? 

21 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice what kind of Self Propelled Artillery is that ? Is it an M109 Paladin or something else ? 

Yes its an M109 A2 used by the Dutch Army from the late 1960s.

It came with a Trainload option so it seemed appropriate for being road transported on the vignette.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:16 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Bonus is that now I can buy multiple MiG-19’s and 21’s as I have plenty of markings. 

HTh2LlD.jpg

Dennis

Thats the best bonus of them all 😁

• Like 1

HLJ & PlazaJapan delivery:

I'd say I'm well covered as far as 60/70ies missiles go with two FM sets and a Hasegawa. 
Two more FM 'tooms and Hasegawa's Skyhawk for a bit of colour in the cabinet.

And a Sweet A6M Zero box, because why not if they're only a tenner over there...

y4mjKZAY6omax45kDhfmxW-4XQEhnnIGwNOamXDk

• Like 8

2022  . . . .  must buy fewer kits , so two weeks in and I have only bought two so far , must give myself a pat on the head instead of the slap I have been threatened with.

Via eBay

Increased my 1/48 Kingfisher count from one to three

Revell 85-5260 1/48 OS2U Kingfisher , 2011 final release of the 1966 Monogram parts with a USN only decal sheet.

Monogram 5488 1/48 Hi-Tech Kingfisher , 1993 release of the 1966 plastic parts with an added etch metal fret and expanded USN/RN decal sheet that has been standard since the late 1970s.

Second came with Modelaid International Magazine , August 1987 containing an article on the Kingfisher . . . .  . OH , those thirty-five years old prices in the adverts !!!!!

From The Aviation Historian

Latest subscription installment – Aviation Historian Volume 38 and as always a wealth of interesting civil and military articles covering a range of eras.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just received my old tool KP MiG-19 from Poland. I can definitely recommend this seller. Was supposed to get here by the 28th today is 15th. The reason I recommend him is how he packaged a simple $5 kit. Here is what showed up today. The envelope

ijPdhzQ.jpg

inside was this. 

2GNFK3z.jpg

Inside the hard cardboard was a waterproof bag. 

uL8qFAX.jpg

Cutting that open gets to the actual box which is a side opener. However it is rather rigid for a side opening box.

oBZkAKt.jpg

Next we open the box and shockingly he even wrapped the kit in bubble wrap, Not bagged but wrapped. 

3rSr4Bu.jpg

Last but not least is the kit, fine engraved detail and looks like decent plastic.

iziDLGj.jpg

Should build up nicely. These decal's will be used as back-up for my new-tool KP. This one will be a two tone grey Egyptian bird. 

Dennis

• Like 7

A new Tamiya 1/35 Tiran 5 for a very good price from ebay to add to the T-55 collection.

As it was so cheap, I splashed out on a few bits to improve it as well.

Miniart T-55 wheels and their Omsh Late Track

Aber etched grilles and wading screen attachment

RB models turned metal barrel

Looking forward to this as should be a bit less intimidating than the Miniart T-54/55 kits I have so a good starting point.

• Like 5

I haven't posted any new purchases for a long while, so this first post is all about kits I bought during the second half of 2021. It seems I was busy.

To start, my first Arma Hobby kits, bought in two or three batches.

AVvXsEi23IisM1iFxzlid8-StNg2cdL0oNXuVBSD

Next, a real mixed bag. The Special Hobby Fouga Magisters were the pick of this bunch, which was also bough over a couple of instalments:

AVvXsEihm3HZiZvqYbeg1G2G-JJxOa725SUDDyhs

Some more goodies. Not shown is another Hobby 2000 (ex-Fujimi) A-4C, in a much smaller box than the A-4M. The Zvezda Hind-A is predictably very complex.

AVvXsEji1jPtYAa-4Aj2ZMmYhbEHdsY9nUGoI7hX

Naturally, I bought some Airfix kits, and then more Airfix kits ...

AVvXsEhQRuGBU4LAXYG21G2gq8DZ0P3riXhikt4-

AVvXsEhbQbi7JP3awO88soRNo27vlJPppfMvP3LL

... and then yet more. I didn't have either of these particular boxings before.

AVvXsEi9N_zPo_pQyWqL2x3zWDk5ZE_VlnWmKJaj

Another batch of goodies I picked up whilst visiting family. The two AFV kits are both quite new. I think the BM-21 is from 2021, the Type 10 from 2020.

AVvXsEhKvA1qTKqCaE8PVI9EZHB6rwv4iFofeTDt

I couldn't resist the CMC Leopard-1 as a possible (nay likely) entry for the Protoypes, etc. GB later this year. The late-war Revell ELCO PT boat was also too tempting, being quite different in terms of armament to the early war version.

AVvXsEiY7kYs8kXuF8cCNNSTmW_dDD_F3zXI8aGm

Then I was lucky enough to get a second Eduard MiG-21MF.

AVvXsEgkmNVDGmkZOXsx5YUh6FeQB7XxHvevwEs4

Finally for 2021, while I was again visiting family, I got myself these Christmas presents:

AVvXsEjYNxg3Ltq8m5pkKhKvyr2WZG6djfv4bV6K

• Like 11

Now onto 2022. In one of the Matchbox GB threads, I bemoaned the fact that I already had far more kits than what I knew to do with. Exhibit A: I went into my local shop to pick up a Hobby Boss Hoplite, and ended up walking out with three Arma Hobby Wildcats, with the two Hurricanes following later that day. In my defence, the only other FM-2/Wildcat VI kit I ever had was the ancient Airfix kit, which I built around 1980. Arma Hobby Hurricanes surely need no explaining. I now have 5, and more could follow.

AVvXsEjNeR0kDf-hf5A0VordYRrQEC0l0CkSVmed

Exhibit B. A couple of days ago, I got a text from the shop owner to say he'd bought up a small collection that I might be interested in. He had helpfully set aside four kits he (correctly) thought I might be interested in. I was only thinking about the Hasegawa Mitsubishi F-1 the other day. I originally built this about 30 years ago. I never got the T-2 before. The collective wisdom of Scalemates doesn't seem to yet realise that these Hasegawa F-1 and T-2 kits share the same basic mold. The AMK L-29 Delfin I had got before, also second-hand. I also decided to get the Revell (ex-Italeri) F/A-18 and Academy (ex-Hobbycraft) F2H, especially as both have excellent Cartograf decal sheets with options for Canadian subjects, which might come in very handy later in the year.

AVvXsEjBhFviDZkiGYjE6s-SobYN9J_zEfFWloxS

• Like 9

Got my first haul from hobby easy today. That website is dangerous,  cheap s-models kit? yes I'll have 6. Plus other stuff hard to get in the UK.  This lot could keep me going for at least the next 12 months.

AVvXsEi0QG3krbq-_Vg0fc51_k4JKlA6CCTvIG3w

AVvXsEjyzLv7J-7IuQHm29h-VKcbfEOK-nQAgx3t

AVvXsEiHkAe7aEJ-8c48d48v5moA8HrM0zKqof0W

AVvXsEhyeqJ-Ubpi0C9by3xNq-bVxYj3N9weHLlT

• Like 9

From Model Hobbies

1/48 Res Kit RS48-112 McDonnell F-101A/C Wheels Set.

Decided to be more organised about sourcing aftermarket for kits I already have even although building might be long in the future rather than (often unsuccessfully) looking for it when I am actually ready to build , Plus Model set to follow for comparison.

Via Amazon & Abe Books

Caught up on some Amberley Publishing titles

Bomber Command - Men , Machines And Missions 1936-68 , by Gordon A. A. Wilson , published 2021.

Royal Flying - A Pictorial History , by Keith Wilson , published 2017.

Jet Provost – The Little Plane With The Big History , by Bob Clarke , published 2008.

Commercial Aviation In Britain In The 1970s , by Malcolm Fife , published 2016 . . . . . got mixed up with titles and discovered on delivery that I already had it on the shelf . . . . .  oops !!!!

From The Book Depository

NORAD And The Soviet Nuclear Threat – Canada’s Secret Electronic Cold War , by Gordon A. A. Wilson , published 2011 by Dundurn.

From Old Hall Books

Flight Craft 11 – English Electric Lightning , by Martin Derry and Neil Robinson , published 2016 by Pen & Sword.

Eventually got a print copy of this , thought I had one a couple of times in the past year  but for different reasons sales were cancelled , ordered this one from Old Hall Books in late November but it never arrived and was refunded so I bought an electronic download which did not really do it for me then on Monday Dee at Old Hall emailed to say that the lost copy had arrived back at them as ‘uncollected undelivered mail’ so bought it again and was delivered Friday.     No idea why it was not delivered , no card left by Royal Mail and we put a notice on the front door when we go out directing where to leave mail that works so well that the postie often heads there before we can answer the door when we are in and the notice is not there.  

• Like 1