What's your latest acquisition Part VII ?

Duncan B

Well thats a Bummer, the Begemot MiG-21 decals I ordered were canceled from the Hong Kong shipper. Cathay Pacific cargo has shut down and he has no way to ship out. So Im now in the market again for MiG-19 and MiG-21 decals ? Hopefully the MiG-19 kit will still ship ? Thats coming from Europe I believe. 

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Cathay Pacific cargo has shut down and he has no way to ship out.

BBC News story early in December quoted one Cathay Pacific pilot who had spent a total of 150 days in different periods of isolation up to that point in 2021 and was describing the situation as unsustainable before the increased infection rates with the Omicrom variant hit so it has obviously got worse with perhaps even worse to come so likely to have quite an impact on the global supply chain over and above the transport container issues with surface transport. 

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Harrier/ViperFan said:

I got this for Christmas from my parents, my first decent Airbrush. From my other half i got a Special Hobby 1/72 JA-37 Viggen and a Hornby N15 King Arthur Class "King Arthur"

51797910277_888e54c749_k.jpgIMG_3957 by HarrierViperFan, on Flickr

Ive had two they are pretty bulletproof. My 1st failed due to dropping rather than anything I put through it. 

I seem to have bought quite a bit over the last couple of months since Telford!

A few bits of masking sets, a few decal sets and quite a few kits. So here goes (in two batches of pics as there was so many to take pic of!)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite a lot from Hannants, , some direct from Airfix, but quite a lot bought from a recent trip to Devon and a few Christmas pressies thrown in as well!

Direct from Airfix: Valiant, Wellington & Vampire.

Hannants: F-100D, T-45, T-33, Zero & all masking & decals

Pressies; Dora Wings AT-9 & Revell P-51D (Late)

Bought in Devon: C-130J-30, Mosquito BXVI

E-Models (based in Stoke on Trent) : Shackleton MR-2

All in all quite a good haul over the last couple of months - should keep me going a while longer (flowers via Tesco when doing the shopping courtesy of SWMBO:worthy:)

(Forgot to add - I have never bought a kit that needed it's own carrying handle - The Zevezda C-130 box has it's own plastic handle on the box to carry it!!!!!)

Edited by treker_ed
  • Like 10

Armycast Mustang sheet, prop & Weekend Eduard Stang from 48ers.com 

F-8P Cruze from a local hobby store that really doesn't advertise well :D no online presence to speak of but they do carry plenty of kits.

DutchDecal sheet for F-86, F-100 and Phantoms in 32nd TFS service :penguin:

y4mqelIHUBMqG6KMaqKtW6pX21KXnYLqayPiWduB

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Heard good things about AK interactive new 3rd gen acrylics so decided to have a punt and pick some up, was disappointed when I did that with Hataka Blue Line in the end so fingers crossed for a non repeat.  

Been having a play (brush painting) with these myself and have been quite impressed. Definitely recommend using the 3rd Gen thinner with them.

Though I was a bit miffed why the Soviet Aircraft 1950s-70s pack contained two Xtreme Metal pots for aluminium and dark aluminium instead of the equivalent colours from the 3rd Gen range :wall:

• Like 1

From Paul J here on Britmodeller

A ‘Bumper Bundle Of Decals’ , as described complete and part-used sheets for the spares box that will come in handy on various projects.

Caught up on some books and bookazines using New Year savings codes along with free shipping to follow on from those bought on Christmas Savings Codes a couple of weeks back.

From Morton’s Books  -  using 20% off NY2022 code

Fleet Air Arm Legends No.1 – Supermarine Seafire , by Matthew Willis , published 2020 by Tempest Books , so far the only other release in this series seems to have been the Swordfish but nice format so hopefully more to follow.

From Key Publishing  -  using 15% off NEWYEAR15 code

A couple of late 2021 releases

United States Air Force Air Power Yearbook 2022 , bi-annual publication with articles on current equipment and activities.

Aviation Archive – Coastal Command U-Boat Hunters 1939-45 , usual mix of period images , artwork and cutaway drawings.

• Like 2

I'm not a big SciFi fan except for two series,the original Star Trek and The X Files so i treated myself for Christmas to a...

Boxset of the X Files....

(it'll be great to watch Mulder and Scully again,haven't seen them for years)...

• Like 4

Received my third Airfix  48th Chipmunk  and was gifted acouple kits from a mate at the club Airfix  BE2c and F-51D Mustang.

Any one here yet built the BE? Would like any pointers before I start it

• Like 1

Unobtanium in the form of Tamiya's 1/48 M26 Pershing. :yahoo:

I found it 2nd-hand at the LHS for about half the MSRP, vs the current market price of 3x MSRP. All the parts are bagged and only the instructions were missing, which have already been downloaded from the Scalemates.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Paul J said:

Any one here yet built the BE? Would like any pointers before I start it

A lovely kit.  Not completely beyond criticism but Airfix on their A game: wish they'd done more WW1 stuff while in the mood.  The Lewis gun has the proportions of a Hispano cannon is slightly overscale.  The transfers for the version with the chequered fuselage are beautifully realised (hats off to the designer) but apply over a white undercoat.  You will also probably need multiple applications of white circle underlays (as available from Fantasy Printshop) to stop the chequers showing through the roundels.  You do not need to do what I did and make all the chequers match up around the corners of the fuselage: they didn't on the real thing (of which I found a photo but too late).  Afraid I chickened out of rigging it so can't help you there.

On 02/01/2022 at 16:45, jackroadkill said:

My latest acquisition was a second red line, just underneath the first.  I'd have preferred a new kit, if I'm honest.

It took a minute, but I worked out what your acquisition was. 

Hopefully you're back to one red line now?

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

It took a minute, but I worked out what your acquisition was. 

Hopefully you're back to one red line now?

Not yet, I'm afraid; it's dragging on.  However, the second line is a little fainter every day, and the rules say I'm to go back to work this Thursday.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jackroadkill said:

Not yet, I'm afraid; it's dragging on.  However, the second line is a little fainter every day, and the rules say I'm to go back to work this Thursday.

Glad to hear things are getting better, albeit slowly.

• Thanks 1