Italari 1/12 Alfa Romeo 2300 8C

kpnuts

Hi all more work on the engine, the pipework is supposed to be gunmetal (why? Surley it would be steel or ally) anyway I decided for a bit of interest I would do it copper.

IMG-9598.jpg
IMG-9596.jpg
IMG-9597.jpg

Added some weathering to the engine.

IMG-9601.jpg
IMG-9600.jpg
IMG-9599.jpg

• Like 7

Looking good, Ken. I notice that, like with the Pocher 1:8, the intake manifold is molded in one piece instead of two, as it should.

It really does look the part though - with kits like this, I've often thought that just the rolling chassis would be a very interesting display piece.  In the meantime I guess I'll just have to settle for my Heller 1:24 6C1750.

It's pretty good but those rear dampers are a real struggle to get the nuts on, what I did (you can't get tweezers or pliers anywhere near them) was cut the end off a cocktail stick till is was a tight fit on the nut then use that as a kind of socket wrench.

Ps no pics of that stage yet as I only have one half of one side done so far.

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

I would like to follow this, but can't see any of the pics!

Ian

Pics are all clear to me. I had this problem on another thread, and it was because I was viewing it on a computer on which the internet security was blocking the image hosting site. If you try reading this thread on a different device, and can see the images, that will tell you if it's security settings or not.

I see you're in Abu Dhabi. Perhaps the image server is blocked nationally? When my brother was in the UAE (Dubai) there was a lot of internet stuff he couldn't reach. I can't tell what image service the OP has used unfortunately.

I'm using imgbb, no one else seems to have this problem on this thread, I don't think there is anything I can do to help, maybe I could email images to you if that would help.

Hi all there are upgrade kits for the wheels of this kit but I honestly can see nothing wrong with the kit ones, they don't even need cleaning no flash of anything.

IMG-9709.jpg
IMG-9716.jpg

IMG-9712.jpg
IMG-9713.jpg
IMG-9711.jpg

IMG-9715.jpg
IMG-9714.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

More done to the Alfa added detail to the firewall (put the rubber strip round where the bonnet goes and some wires) added (or as much as I can see) the throttle linkage (not sure where to route the throttle linkage) all the pics I can find finish where it is now, obviously it must end up at the peddle but no idea how it goes from where it is now to the peddle.

Loving the detail on the grill (this from a man that hates PE

IMG-9782.jpg

IMG-9791.jpg

IMG-9799.jpg
IMG-9793.jpg
IMG-9792.jpg

IMG-9800.jpg

IMG-9801.jpg

• Like 7