ANBO-III (1st Series, late), 1/72 , Scratch built

The third aircraft of the Lithuanian aircraft designer Antanas Gustaitis - ANBO-III. The main difference of the later version is the enlarged rudder. Such rudders were installed on the  already produced aircrafts.

37363676_m.jpg

37363677_m.jpg

37363678_m.jpg

37363679_m.jpg

37363680_m.jpg

37363681_m.jpg

37363682_m.jpg

37363683_m.jpg

37363684_m.jpg

37363685_m.jpg

37363686_m.jpg 

37363944_m.jpg

Thanks. To be continued

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

That is a most beautiful thing in modelling - the scratch work on on some rare type!  Great result!

Please excuse me for one OT question regarding Lithuanian AF, it is on the Lockheed Vega "Lithuania II" . I have found that after landing in Ireland "The aircraft was transported to Kaunas and repaired. Later it was served with 3. bombonesiu eskadile based in Shiauliai". Are there any information available on how long she served, was it till 1940, how she looked like (painting), what was the fate after Soviet occupation?

Regards

J-W

Thanks to All

5 hours ago, JWM said:

That is a most beautiful thing in modelling - the scratch work on on some rare type!  Great result!

Please excuse me for one OT question regarding Lithuanian AF, it is on the Lockheed Vega "Lithuania II" . I have found that after landing in Ireland "The aircraft was transported to Kaunas and repaired. Later it was served with 3. bombonesiu eskadile based in Shiauliai". Are there any information available on how long she served, was it till 1940, how she looked like (painting), what was the fate after Soviet occupation?

Regards

J-W

37369782_m.jpg

Lituanica II after repair in 1937-1940 

37369781_m.jpg

The last photo of Lithuania II in October 1940. The plane was transported to the polygon where it was used as a target for training Soviet pilots

More photos can be found at the link: https://www.plienosparnai.lt/page.php?14

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Maginot said:

Outstanding modelling. Very interesting subject. Be interested to know how you achieved the brushed finish on the aluminium panels.

Effect on the metal panels - printed decals

• Thanks 1