Daimler Armoured Car 1/35

Ted

I started this model in the Anything but Injection group build last year. It's a tricky build but a really nice kit that deserves to be finished.

• Like 1

After a few hours today I finished the assembly. I really got bogged down with the resin and photoetch and needed the time away and this Kuta group build to light a fire.

20211231_172919

20211231_172940

• Like 5

Painted with a mix of Tamiya buff and yellow, and with 11th Hussars decals from the Bronco Humber armoured car kit. 

Next will be filters and weathering. And maybe some stowage.

20220101_204345

20220101_204359

20220101_204406

• Like 7

Looks terrific Ted

The was one of these at my old school to do with the combined cadet force. The army section was aligned to the 2nd Royal tank regiment so I suppose that's how the Daimler happened to be at the school. It was a non runner and some idiot had cut half the gun barrel off unless that was a crude attempt at rendering the main gun inactive 🙄 I wonder if its still there ?

Cheers Pat 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:50 AM, CliffB said:

I remember this one Ted.  It's nice to see it being finished and PE details look great :thumbsup2:

Cheers

Thanks Cliff, feels good to get it done.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:18 PM, arfa1983 said:

This is going to look amazing after the weathering 

I did a bit, may do more in the future if it goes into a diorama.

On 1/3/2022 at 5:25 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Looks terrific Ted

The was one of these at my old school to do with the combined cadet force. The army section was aligned to the 2nd Royal tank regiment so I suppose that's how the Daimler happened to be at the school. It was a non runner and some idiot had cut half the gun barrel off unless that was a crude attempt at rendering the main gun inactive 🙄 I wonder if its still there ?

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat, Very cool playground equipment.

I really appreciate this group build, gave me the nudge to get this great kit done. More pictures in the gallery.

20220105_165831

• Like 7