1/72 Trumpeter Tu-128 Fiddler

Hello,

Final build of the year, the Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-128 'Fiddler'. For its price, I found it quite mediocre. I added some Eduard PE in the cockpit, wheels and exhausts came from Reskit. I made the towel rack antenna on the side of the fuselage from some styrene strip and stretched sprue. Painted with Vallejo Metal Color, some GUnze Aqeous for the radome and Akan green for the wheels.

OxEKcB9.jpg

MWjxKHn.jpg

2zu2kQw.jpg

EyPFXk4.jpg

Thanks for looking, and happy new year everyone.

Pete

• Like 56

I always have a weakness for these Russian planes, but only built a MiG-15 years ago. So you confirmed again that they are looking very nice.

i would not go so far to say that they are beautiful, but they have something special. 
You made an absolute perfect job. I love it……..

Andy 

Nice way to fight through the problems with the kit and produce a beautiful rendition of the Fiddler.  Like you Pete, I am disappointed with Trumpeter kits.  Yes they have some much needed subjects and have good overall detail but there continue to be problems with fit and overall quality.  This should not be the case given the expensive price tag of Trumpeter products.  

Great results on this one Pete!!! :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks guys.

@John R@Sky KegYes, I was a bit dissapointed with the kit. While it's not Trumpeter from the old days, with massive recessed rivets everywhere, it's still not without its faults. The cockpit was nothing like the real thing. They even give you two control sticks, even though the real one only has a yoke for the pilot and nothing in the rear. The antenna on the front right fuselage is not included, the wheels were pretty bland, the weapon pylons are missing some detail, etc etc. At least the fit was decent in most places.

She looks very shiny, well done. Long time ago I build a vacuform Fiddler which was really a difficult project. Many years ago I got pair of Amodel Fiddler (Tu-128 and Tu-128UT) and last year I got the Trumpeter pair. I hope i will find time to build at least some of them...

Serkan

• Like 1