Fiat G.50 bis

I picked this out the stash looking for a quick single seater build having never built a Fly Models kit before and to be honest, I nearly did not make it to the end with this one, a tricky and difficult build (for me anyway) and got really frustrated by the somewhat pointless resin parts which personally I don't think adds anything other than more time and complexity. That said, happy with end result and on balance, I am just pleased we have a modern 1/72 G.50 kit out there and I would do another Fly Models kit, I just found this one a bit of a drag (off and on for about 6 months!)

20211230_231814.jpg

20211230_231830.jpg

20211230_231843.jpg

20211230_231858.jpg

20211230_231914.jpg

• Like 37

One of my favorite single-engine airplanes- plus the Finns flew them! First of the Fly kits I have seen built, and I think you did a great job on  yours! Very handsome color scheme, too. Well done!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Very nice result 👍.

Well I also heard this new FLY G-50 is not easy to build. Nevertheless I consider it as the best choice, because the old AML kit is sold out and also difficult to build. Actually the ultimate kit is SBS, but it is quite expensive and from resin which could cause some difficulties for plastic experienced modellers 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1