Kiwikitbasher 48 Completions for 2021

Kiwikitbasher

All are 1/72 scale except the Covenanter which is 1/76. There are 51 figures spread across several of the builds as well. The 48 builds were fresh starts for 2021. 

The three IBG Scammel Pioneers were significantly altered for accuracy with every cab dimension being changed, and scratch-built windscreens, roofs, and air filters. The tank transporter trailer is also about 30% scratch-built.

IBG Scammell SV-2S

spacer.png

Airfix BE2C

spacer.png

spacer.png

IBG Scammell R100 towing a BL 7.2" Howitzer (converted from the Roden BL 8' Howitzer with new barrel and 3D-printed wheels)

spacer.png

Academy P-40N

spacer.png

UM M4 Sherman & M4A1 Sherman with T1E3 Mine Exploder

spacer.png

Hobby Boss 80cm K9[E] Railway Gun 'Dora'

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's quite big compared to AFVs and a U-Boat also to 1/72 scale!

spacer.png

Academy Tempest Mk.V

spacer.png

Dragon Churchill IV AVRE (With scratch-built fascine, cradle, and mods)

spacer.png

Airfix B-25D

spacer.png

Dan Taylor Model Works Coventanter II (using IBG Crusader turret and modified running gear) 

spacer.png

Hasegawa Churchill I converted to Churchill Oke Flame-thrower 

spacer.png

Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc

spacer.png

Dragon Churchill III AVRE

spacer.png

Takom Chieftain Mk.5

spacer.png

Hobby Boss Ural-375 with BM-21

spacer.png

Takom Bismarck 'Bruno" Turret

spacer.png

Revell Leopard I 'Biber'

spacer.png

Heller M4 Sherman

spacer.png

Flyhawk M1A1 SEP2 with Track-width Mine Plough 

spacer.png

Hobby Boss Land-Wasser-Schlepper

spacer.png

Fujimi JGSDF Type 99 155mm SPH

spacer.png

Aoshima JGSDF Tracked Material Carrier

spacer.png

Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk.IIc

spacer.png

Das Werk U-9 U-boat and Dry Dock

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IBG Diamond T 972 Dum Truck (with corrected cab)

spacer.png

Sabre (re-boxed Takom) IDF D9 Armoured Bulldozer with slat armour

spacer.png

Hasegawa P-40E

spacer.png

Ace Nagmachon

spacer.png

S-Model Matilda II converted to Matilda Frog flame-thrower

spacer.png

Italeri C.202 Folgore

spacer.png

Hasegawa C.202 Folgore

spacer.png

Revell M60 with Track-width Mine Plough (from Trumpeter M1 Panther II)

spacer.png

Heller/UM kit-bash M32 with T1E1 Mine Exploder

spacer.png

UM M4 Sherman & M4A1 Sherman with T1E3 Mine Exploder

spacer.png

Dragon M1A1 Sherman with UM dozer blade

spacer.png

IBG Scammel TRMU30 & TRCU30 with IBG/S-Model Crusader Mk.II

spacer.png

IBG Scammel TRMU30 & TRCU30 with IBG/S-Model Crusader Mk.II

spacer.png

First to Fight Renault R-35 with 3D printed running gear by Syndikate.co

spacer.png

Dragon P-61A

spacer.png

Hobby Boss P-61A (with Dragon engines, props, and wheels)

spacer.png

Academy P-40M overflying Academy P-40N

spacer.png

Academy Typhoon Mk.IB converted to 'Car Door'

spacer.png

Academy Typhoon Mk.IB converted to 'Car Door'

spacer.png

Kovozavody Prostejov Tempest Mk.V

spacer.png

Special Hobby Tempest Mk.II

spacer.png

Revell Sd.KFz 251/16 Flammenwerfer

spacer.png

IBG Scammell R100 towing a BL 7.2" Howitzer (converted from the Roden BL 8' Howitzer with new barrel and 3D-printed wheels)

spacer.png

Edited by Kiwikitbasher
Add titles
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cngaero said:

That's one busy years work by anyone's standard.

Everything is beautifully built and finished, but you AFV,'s are exquisite mini dioramas.

Well done 👍

Thanks, Chris, that's very generous of your to say, I'm glad you liked them.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Fantastic line up Mark, we haven't seen a whole lot of you this year & you make up for it in one fell swoop. Awesome. 👍

I'm not going to pick favourites, this post would become unwieldy. :)

Steve.

Thanks, Steve, I'm glad you liked them. I don't post across as many sites as I used to because I often have trouble typing due to my Parkinson's disease. When my medications are working well I can type relatively error-free, but if not every second or third word is jumbled. It's also the reason I gave up kit reviewing for HyperScale a few years back. On the plus side PD and my hand tremor have given me the "excuse" to accept flaws and errors and just build flat-out whilst I still can, So from a modelling standpoint it's been liberating with 169 completions and about 120 figures painted over the past four years. I enjoy modelling now with much the same enthusiasm I had as kid. 

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

That’s simply astonishing; quantity and quality.

Thanks, Mark, that's nice of you to say.

• Like 2

I'm quite stunned actually... you completed all of these models in one year, with added scratch builds and conversions, and figures, and dry docks... and then you mention your struggles with Parkinson's and that you can accept flaws as well.... what flaws??? Wow. What an output, brilliant stuff. I'm already looking forward to your 2022 yearbook! Have a Happy New Year!

39 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

I'm quite stunned actually... you completed all of these models in one year, with added scratch builds and conversions, and figures, and dry docks... and then you mention your struggles with Parkinson's and that you can accept flaws as well.... what flaws??? Wow. What an output, brilliant stuff. I'm already looking forward to your 2022 yearbook! Have a Happy New Year!

Thanks, Jeroen, 3 hours and 10 minutes here in NZ until 2022 and I've had three days with no modelling (been reorganizing my workshop and stash). Being retired and modelling 12+ hours/day (I only sleep 4-5 hours) means I get a lot done. Believe me, the flaws are there, but if it looks OK from a foot (30-cm) away it's good enough to go in one of my display cabinets. The flaws tend to get overlooked when models are displayed en-mass:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy modelling in 2022!

Edited by Kiwikitbasher
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

You are clearly a dedicated and skilled modeller. Great year's works.

Thanks, Bertie, although a compulsive modeller might be more apt - One of my PD medications for controlling tremors (Ramipex or Pramipexole dihydrochloride) runs the risk of casing compulsive gambling, drinking, sex, drugs, spending, binge-eating, etc. In my case it's boosted what some would say was an already excessive modelling drive! (and my sweet tooth). I actually cut the dose back a bit when I found myself ordering too frequently from online model shops earlier in, what is now, last year.

21 minutes ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Thanks, Bertie, although a compulsive modeller might be more apt - One of my PD medications for controlling tremors (Ramipex or Pramipexole dihydrochloride) runs the risk of casing compulsive gambling, drinking, sex, drugs, spending, binge-eating, etc. In my case it's boosted what some would say was an already excessive modelling drive! (and my sweet tooth). I actually cut the dose back a bit when I found myself ordering too frequently from online model shops earlier in, what is now, last year.

That's very interesting to a psych student like me. There are so many factors that drive us all into the stash-building compulsion. My own hobby spending in '21 was strongly influenced by personal loss, though I must own up to being and impulsive character too.

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's very interesting to a psych student like me. There are so many factors that drive us all into the stash-building compulsion. My own hobby spending in '21 was strongly influenced by personal loss, though I must own up to being and impulsive character too.

Sorry for your loss. I suspect that many modellers are a bit obsessive/compulsive perfectionists and with a a collector's drive too. Maybe there is a line or "modeller's spectrum" we all fall somewhere on!

2 minutes ago, Kiwikitbasher said:

Sorry for your loss. I suspect that many modellers are a bit obsessive/compulsive perfectionists and with a a collector's drive too. Maybe there is a line or "modeller's spectrum" we all fall somewhere on!

We are tremendously varied people but if you squint and take a blurred view of us, I think we have much more in common than a liking for plastic kits. 

• Like 1

I`m on the first flight to Auckland to personally view this impressive collection.  Flaws or not, what and how many you put into the cabinets is outstanding.  The quality is superb and I envy not only your rate of production, but your skill level as well. :goodjob:

Mike

2 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

Great modelling output!

I really like your Scammels.

The Shermans in winter wash look splendid too.

Thanks, Roman, that's nice of you to say as they are among my favourites too.

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

I`m on the first flight to Auckland to personally view this impressive collection.  Flaws or not, what and how many you put into the cabinets is outstanding.  The quality is superb and I envy not only your rate of production, but your skill level as well. :goodjob:

Mike

You're most welcome to drop in if you're ever down this way, Mike, (Colin W who posted immediately below you has several times as it happens). Thanks for your very generous comments. 

Edited by Kiwikitbasher
  • Like 1