Tamiya 1/32 P-51D 44-13714 363rd FS 357th FG 8th AF

McG

This was originally intended as my first full build log, however my old mobile phone with most of the build pics on it bricked it before I downloaded the photos. Therefore the photos are as is today, prior to decaling. 

During the summer while struggling with the intake trunking on the Zoukei Mura 1/48 F-4EJ, I decided to start on the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D that I had picked up during Plaza Japan's Summer Sale. (Cost plus shipping saved about 1/3 of UK price at the time). 

I didn't fancy attempting a NMF paint job so opted for an Olive Drab with D-Day stripes scheme from the 357th FG, settling on 44-13714 because I liked how the D-Day stripes touched the bottom of the bar of the Star N Bars on the fuselage.

I know the small panels below the exhaust stack should be the ones with the holes in them, however I screwed up trying to drill them out. 

New techniques tried on this build include black basing & hairspray chipping. D-Day stripes, nose cowl yellow band and spinner are all painted. Tried to mask off the checkerboard pattern for the cowl but will use the Eduard decals instead.

spacer.png

p4041424068-5.jpg

spacer.png

p4041424127-5.jpg

Mark

Edited by McG
  • Like 3