Colin W 2021 build record

Colin W

What a strange year. Lockdown, not lock down freedom and now?

I managed 11 builds in the year, all in 1/48.

The year started with the French fancy Group Build.

Fondurie Miniature Dassault Super Mystere 1/48

20210201_105049

20210131_150332

Then as a tribute to Andy Scott (aka Silver fox) and leader of the IPMS NZ SiG I built the RNZAF A-4K in the ANZAC group  build

20210222_144912

20210222_145138

Its been many years since I built a Mig but the Aeromaster boxing of the SMER Mig 17 went well in the Africa Group Build.

IMG_6854

IMG_6874

Back to New Zealand for the Fletcher FU24 Field Master. An appalling kit from Unicraft but the only game in town other than scratch building.

IMG_6930

IMG_6947

Staying with the New Zealand Theme a 1/48 scale 3D printed HS Andover from one man model

The Bristol Group Build was interestng but mine was the only entry in the missile class. A Blood Hound from 1965.

IMG_7506

IMG_7502

The first French Fancy Group Build allowed me to get 'off piste' with the SANACO Grognard. Another Fonderie Miniature kit.  This got a highly Commended at the Scale Model world in November.

IMG_8215

IMG_8260

Going mainstream here is the Kinetic 1/48 Harrier GR3, HMS Hermes 1982 from the 'High Wing" Group Build.

Harrier 4

Harrier 3

IPMS Salisbury organised a 1/24 scale vehicle Group Build so my entry was the Revell Land Rover.

20210124_104813

20210124_104750

I really enjoyed the Land Rover so when Revell releaed the new mould 1/24 E Type Jaguar well.....

IMG_6980

IMG_6975

I also built a Skunk Works Fuel Truck but this was not a Build log so still no pictures.

Happy New Year to all the Brit modellers here, in NZ and around the world.

Colin

• Like 20

Taking nothing away from your other models, which are superb, you made a magnificent job of the Grognard, as strange a bird as any, and so obviously French.

I've only ever seen one model built and I know the fight you would have had with it. Congratulations on your award at SMW.

Rog

• Thanks 1

Many thanks all for the comments.

I wish I had bought more Fonderie models when they were available rather than just the few I did. Certainly a better feeling of satisfaction than the mass produced jobs.

• Like 1

I love them all but I am so jealous of that Andover,....... I`d love one of those nd you`ve done a superb job of it too,

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...