PK-1 Hawker Fury Mk1

2 hours ago, Bbdave said:

I may try all 3 builds at the same time which is not my ethos but what the hey.

Calm down Dave, we have all managed to convince SWMBO that males can't Multi-task, and you're in danger of dropping us all in it ! :doh:

For goodness sake if you do show off and do all 3 at the same time (which would be great by the way :thumbsup:) make sure to lock the mancave door behind you at all times :phew:

cheers Pat

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Bbdave said:

I may try all 3 builds at the same time

Well I'm sure you wouldn't be the first to try and definitely not the only one to fail should you mimic my stupid modelling efforts. I'm sure it can be done, however willpower and focus are two ingredients I seem to lack. The Hawker Fury is pure Classic Matchbox that no diehard fan would ever dream to be without. 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bbdave said:

Again I think the primer will get a hammering but I'm sure the low part count will be a bonus, now to rig or not to rig?

20211231_062934

Dave.

I wonder what colour scheme Matchbox had in mind withe the sand and blue coloured plastic? Did they have Furies in the desert at some stage? Primer required indeed! Good luck with the multi-builds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dave

I hope you are OK, and we hear from you soon.

Cheers Pat 

I may get it started next week I'm battling the decals on the P-12 at the moment, I only like one build on the bench at a time.

Dave

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bbdave said:

I may get it started next week I'm battling the decals on the P-12 at the moment, I only like one build on the bench at a time.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Completely agree, anymore could be seen as multi-tasking, something that genetically we are not supposed to be able to do :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have got the yellow down a dry fit of the top wing shows something is a little squiffy so maybe a little manipulation will be required, I think the struts are a little warped but very bendable.

2022-04-13_10-26-17

Dave

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done I think I had a bit of a battle to get things lined up but it came together in the end. My rigging technique needs to improve to get a neater finish. I still get problems with the clear coats I have no idea what folks use I always get reactions between the base and clear coats not to mention if I attempt weathering or washes this was almost bin fill but luckily I only tested a small bit first and managed to recover it so no weathering, but hey ho one day I'll find the secret.

20220507_101601

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...