Hasegawa Tankbuster

I have to admit when I started this build in September I didn’t think I would have it finished by the end of the year.  Not because the kit is a hard build but because I am normally a slow builder, this is my first 32nd scale kit and I was intending trying some new techniques. The kit is the Hasegawa Ju 87-G built as a G2 W.Nr. 494221 of 10/SG2 Using EagleCal decals. The cockpit was enhanced using Eduard PE, scratch built details, HG seatbelts and brass gun barrels. The 37mm canons also got some details and alu barrels.

For painting I used a combination of Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics with the odd Humbrol enamel thrown in. 
The full build is detailed in the WIP section “Building a Kanonen Vogel” if anyone is interested with more pictures of the cockpit and other bits. Anyway here are the pictures, I hope you like it and thanks for looking. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking and best wishes for 2022.

Edited by Ferrata
Amended date.
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2021 at 7:29 AM, Josip said:

I have a single nitpick. As far as I know the G model retained the pair of 7,9mm machine guns in the wings for aiming purposes.

How come that they're absent on your model? 

Hi Josip, That would be correct for the G-1 which were converted D-3 airframes. The G-2 were rebuilt D-5 airframes and as such the 20mm wing guns and all the bombing equipment were removed. Having said that I do have one photo of a G-2 which still has its 20mm wing guns proving there are exceptions to every rule. I have also read in one source that some aircraft may have had one or two 7.62mm guns retro fitted at unit level but I’ve not so far seen any photos to prove this.

Cheers.