PK-107 Skyservant

Great choice Dave and I'm sure any issues with flagging modelling mojo will be more than adequately revived once you crack open this Matchbox kit and take part here.

Straight OOB would seem to be a good ploy, so we all expect this to be a quick and easy build of an aircraft subject that only the likes of Matchbox are ever likely to touch! . 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. (another) Dave 

• Thanks 1

I look forward to seeing this built. It is a lovely little kit but I didn't do it justice.

I built the Red Cross version about seven years ago and it had orange parts, not red. Covering the garish orange was a trial. Please don't do what I did during my build - I dropped it twice and broke it, once when covered in wet white paint which meant stripping the paint off and starting again. Turned out okay in the end though.

Dave

• Like 1

What I'll be doing is rattle can red primer over everything, partly to use it up but also because it'll cover everything to an even colour then grey primer before I really start

Who knows it might just work 😳

• Like 3

The interior looks good just in bare plastic, Dave.

Sorry mate, I really don't have a clue what colour it should be, however I'm sure this scheme has been built up before, so perhaps googling "Britmodeller Skyservant" my find another WIP thread you could follow. 

Apologies for the late feedback, we've got over 130 WIP threads to check over and a lot more still to come. 

Cheers.. Dave 

After looking online the interior seems to range from white to grey to green so I undercoated grey and went back to white weird I know but it was practice for doing the outside. I did a little bit on the interior just so there is something behind the glass but kept it basic.

2022-01-15_09-46-35

2022-01-15_09-46-05

Dave

• Like 10

I believe that this is the only Matchbox kit that I had that I never built! I say "I had" but in fact my wife bought it thinking she would try and make it herself, but then gave up, and I was not that interested in it. She also bought an Airfix Halifax on the misguided principle that "it came in a bigger box so the parts would be bigger and therefore easier to put together" - now that one I did build! I believe she also bought one of the Matchbox car kits which I ended up building, though I am not sure which one - possibly the Aston Martin Ulster, or maybe it was an Airfix Alpha Romeo which one of seems to have built.

Good luck with the build.

Pete

Edited by PeterB

More progress I'm just getting the sub assemblies done ready for putting it all together and will prime it in one go.

The joint wasn't the best so lots of sanding and a little filler. The area around the windscreen is quite thick so it over hangs the glass so I've thinned that a little but again I'm not going overboard and just enjoying the build.

2022-01-16_09-23-39

Dave.

• Like 7

Yes, a lovely WIP photo. You've overpainted that deep red plastic extremely well, it will really look beautiful once finished. I've never thought about doing this Red Cross scheme, however yours in turning out that well I may need to revisit this.  

Cheers.. Dave 

• 1 month later...

A lovely Skyservant Dave and in a scheme that at one point I'd never consider doing myself, however this great build has changed my opinion. 

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1