PK-050 : Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IX/Mk.XVI (1989) Built as a Mk.XVI

The pilot and gunsight are in and the canopy painting has begun - using the paint and clean up with a cocktail stick method. The six-stack exhausts are on. I flattened off the ends of the plastic rods acting as elevator trim tab actuators and they look better.

Ut0pTTW.jpg

Canopy is on and there was a bit of filling required to blend it in -looks to be sitting a little too far back to me. Wing nav lights painted in and the Spitfire Mk. XVI is ready for transfers.

Fxtlywn.jpg

Transfers behave well and really did slide off the backing paper and onto the model - some adjustment of the wing walk lines to do before sealing in.

9mtI3Yd.jpg

This pic has reminded me that the spinner has still to be glued on to the prop blades!

ZziYocr.jpg?1

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 7

I had a final mess about with the undersides getting a bit more definition at the ends of the ailerons (scribed out the filler) and smoothed out the repairs to the undercarriage doors.

h3JGk05.jpg

Did a quick engine run and we are done!

yYLOSIn.jpg

Without the vibration....

nYFy3HL.jpg

Off into the sunset.... (or the kitchen downlighters at least!)

TqZLARO.jpg

Many thanks to the Hosts and the BM Community again for the encouragement along the way. Still time for another build....

• Like 5

Just seen this in the gallery Mike and you've done a marvellous job completing it to such a high standard. May your love affair with Matchbox Spit's continue and you'll be pleasantly surprised how nice it is to fondle and eventually build 1/48 parts! 

Cheers and thanks for your excellent contributions throughout this GB.. Dave 

• Thanks 1