Andy's 2021 album

Col Walter E Kurtz

Another year closes off... only done 1 build this year..my tribute build to my uncle Peter

A Tribute build 1:32 Hawker Tempest V NV-728 "US-X" 56 Punjab Squadron - April 1945. 

This was a mammoth project , just in relation to the discovery of the true story of Uncle Peter's service in the RAF . Back in Jan I didn't even know what his service number was..I didn't know he flew with Pierre Closterman and is mentioned in The Big Show several times..what a journey and the reactions of many on here was humbling and very satisfying..thank you to those who joined me on this very personal journey

Uncle Peter 3rd from Right.. RIP 1924 -1983 

IMG_0748

IMG_0727

IMG_0733

US-X  NV-728 at Volkel  March 1945

• Like 16

That is a fitting tribute Andy, I just went and read the RFI which is very interesting. I read The Big Show as I'm sure many of us here have, and being Dutch I read the chapters about Volkel with great interest. Unwittingly I read about your uncle too!

• Thanks 1

Dear All , Thanks for the appreciation. It was a positive experience. I got such a lot of support and interest from various BM members it humbled me. 

I did buy another Revell Tempest V with the idea to portray his 1st aircraft flown operationally... or maybe the Tempest he pranged on landing at Millfield OTU, whichever one I choose ... watch this space lol

Happy New Year ! 

• Like 1

I met up with my family over Xmas and the new year period. I related the entire story of Uncle Peter and much to my delight the youngest family members have shown a lot of interest and respect in it. They all expressed their amazement and wanted to know more about his story. This is a satisfying reaction indeed so I've been busy giving them all the original research to absorb..  makes it even more a worthwhile task I think! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...