Snapped the rubber track of my 1/35 Tamiya Panther G...

maxwellbest

Hi all, title says it all. My attempts at trying to repair/join the aforementioned track with Super Glue as well as Tamiya glue have failed.  The tension on the track is such that nothing will hold the join-where the break is seems to have gotten worse.  Currently held with Gaffer tap which is a bit annoying, given that the rest of the build has gone reasonably well.  Can spares be ordered?  Are there alternatives?  What glue have others used to join these tracks?  It says use instant glue in the instructions, a cursory sweep around the internet seems to belie this... Or just live with it...thanks in advance

Hello Maxwell the link is only an example. Its an online shop in the U.S., It should give you ideas as to whats available. You should be able to find a local or maybe Asian supplier thats closer ? 

https://spruebrothers.com/search-results-page?q=panther+track+1%2F35

Dennis

Hi, couple of suggestions:

Repair the break with black or a suitably coloured sewing thread, ideally if the repair is on the bottom it won't be noticeable. To give it more support glue the track to road wheels themselves either side of the join. (Tiny spot of superglue should work.)

If the build warrants the extra expenditure there are lots of aftermarket tracks available from expensive individual link metal ones to slightly cheaper plastic ones.

Good luck

Darryl 

Do as Jasper suggests and hide the join behind the schurzen plate. make your holes at least 1 link away each side of the break I've also used staples from a paper stapler in the past.

Tom