Breguet 763 Deux Ponts Air France, Welsh models 1:144

Dear fellow modellers,

I would like to show you my latest finished model. I built it for a competition/Group build in a german modelling forum with this year's subject "French aircraft".

I used the vacu kit by Welsh models. Unfortunately the decals fell apart when I tried to apply them and so I used decals from F-RSIN, which are more accurate anyway.

There is no provision in the kit to show the clamshell doors in the opened position, so I modelled all the interior structures from scratch.

The model is painted with Gunze Mr. Hobby white and Vallejo Aluminium with True Metal polishing paste. The wire antenna is made from Uschi van der Rosten rigging.

Hope you like it!

cheers,

Norbert

spacer.png

spacer.png

Breguet-763-Welsh-144-11.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 29

Thank you very much, but the finish is far away from being perfect! It is a matter of try and error. With the True Metal stuff you can achieve different shades by polishing. If you are not satisfied, spray it over and try again.

The Cargo door details are simple. I used parts from Evergreen, small plastic rectangular stripes. The "holes" are selfmade decals, I tried drilling them, but that did not look right. 

Just try it and you learn by doing.

• Like 1

Echoing the other comments, I too am most impressed with your building and finishing of this model. I used the same kit about 15 years ago and your efforts reminded me of the immense satisfaction to be gained from making these vacuum formed kits and using our skills to produce something special.

Vincent

• Thanks 1