The Mighty Habu - Revell's new tool SR-71A Blackbird! *new pics - engines*

• Alan P changed the title to The Mighty Habu - Revell's new tool SR-71A Blackbird! *new pics - engines*
5 hours ago, Alan P said:

Thanks again, I've added the complete kit final photos to the first post with the finished stand and engines.

All the best,

Alan

Thanks very much for the pictures. Unquestionably some very fine work. Revell can thank you for upcoming massive sales!

• Haha 2

I'm normally found lurking around the floaty side of this forum, but when there's a Blackbird to be had (and a new kit at that)...well, you can call me Flying Admiral Lord D'Univers...or David, for short.

Anyway, I'll need your contact details @Alan P as someone's got to explain to my boss why I did v little work this evening and instead read one of the best build logs I've seen on here (and credit to all those who inputted too). The outcome is somewhat phenomenal, especially considering the only aftermarket parts are the seats. Simply amazing job on one simply astounding plane.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to house this beast dwarfing over some 1/700 ships.

David

• Haha 1

Hemorrhagin hades! That was so quick I missed it was done!!

Such a lovely build! A very clean model and it looks smashing on it's stand! Very nice paintjob and I'm happy to see it's not a putty hog!

Hat's off, hope mine will be at least half as good as yours when I get around to it!

Well done Alan  :worthy:

• Thanks 1

Hello Bro !!

Now, I'm looking to buy one !!

You really achieved a great rendition of the mighty Habu !!

Congratulations !! :partytime:

Well, find it and smuggle such a big box in CC's castle.....

CC

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Hi Alan,
A true masterpiece. This is what engines look like. First class work. And your display is a super thing. 
Thx for sharing.  And yes, time goes by faster and faster... so dig in.
Have a wonderful Christmas 
Andy 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Rob Maynard said:

I have this kit to build myself, but i am patiently waiting for @Serkan Sen to have some of his incredible 3D items available to further enhance the model.

Thanks Rob. During last Black Friday sale I bought two more Revell Blackbird kits to build A-12 and A-12B. I have almost all printed parts in my stash. Please send me a message including your wish list (although Xmas time is ended 🙂 )

Serkan

• Like 2

Thanks @Rob Maynard and @mick , glad Serkan replied, I was going to suggest contacting him directly as he's very helpful 😊

It's also a year since I got all those lovely 3D parts for my other SR-71, looking forward to building the next one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2023 at 23:10, Serkan Sen said:

Thanks Rob. During last Black Friday sale I bought two more Revell Blackbird kits to build A-12 and A-12B. I have almost all printed parts in my stash. Please send me a message including your wish list (although Xmas time is ended 🙂 )

Serkan

Thank you Serkan, i will drop you a message over the next couple of days! :)

On 12/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, drake122 said:

Very nice, but, er... main undercarriage wheels look like they have a metal finish? Is that supposed to be like that? 🤔

The rubber of the tyres is impregnated with powdered aluminium to help them reflect heat away. The aluminium also raised the flash temperature of the rubber so that friction on landing wouldn’t cause them to ignite.