The Mighty Habu - Revell's new tool SR-71A Blackbird! *new pics - engines*

Looks wonderful Alan, I missed the end of the build thread as you're very quick, sorry about that.   

It does look very impressive indeed and you've done a wonderful job  showing the areas to watch out for, but otherwise superb fot of yhe kit.

Great work fella.

Chris

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks wonderful Alan, I missed the end of the build thread as you're very quick, sorry about that.   

It does look very impressive indeed and you've done a wonderful job  showing the areas to watch out for, but otherwise superb fot of yhe kit.

Great work fella.

Chris

Thanks very much Chris, high praise indeed coming from you 👍👍👍

• Like 1

That's very nice, really an iconic aircraft that you have built there and built well. Thanks for trailblazing the kit for the rest of us 😃

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, drake122 said:

Very nice, but, er... main undercarriage wheels look like they have a metal finish? Is that supposed to be like that? 🤔

spacer.png

Yes...it's not a mistake anyone would accidentally make, really 🤔

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Wonderful work! Now I want one!

Thanks SAT, make sure you get one 😂

55 minutes ago, MRMRL said:

That's very nice, really an iconic aircraft that you have built there and built well. Thanks for trailblazing the kit for the rest of us 😃

Thanks very much, tried to make the build thread as helpful as possible 👍

43 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

Very neat indeed

Lovely

Cheers, Dave 🙏

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

A masterpiece build with a great work in progress report. Congratulations Alan, well done!...

Serkan

Many, many thanks to you for your help, encouragement and excellent 3D renders all through the build. Very much look forward to seeing how you proceed with the A-12B and Revell accessories 😊👍💪

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Many, many thanks to you for your help, encouragement and excellent 3D renders all through the build. Very much look forward to seeing how you proceed with the A-12B and Revell accessories 😊👍💪

It was a big pleasure for me. I have already started to take some pictures to compare Revell parts with printed ones. I will post them soon in a new topic. 1:48 Testors A-12B project is progressing also very well. I need to print two huge fuselage parts (mid and fwd fuselages) which will take a bit time 🙂

Serkan

• Like 1

Thank you all, too many to mention! 

2 hours ago, billn53 said:

Bravo! :clap: and thanks for the excellent WIP, it will be a great reference for anyone building this kit.

Thanks for your many contributions Bill, providing invaluable information, links and references 🙏

All the best and thanks again,

Alan

• Thanks 1

looks brilliant, to my eyes right level of weathering and great finish. I will use your thread as I build mine, so thank you (PS, thanks for the decals, the book arrived and I've not yet started but your first page hooked me so the signs are good for an enjoyable read :) ).

thanks

neil

• Thanks 1