PK-116 Mosquito +++FINISHED+++

Who needs after markers resin cockpits hey Greg?? Thats all looking great and I love this type of scratch modelling which debunks some myths that this hobby is getting way too expensive! Love it mate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Great start Greg.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Who needs after markers resin cockpits hey Greg?? Thats all looking great and I love this type of scratch modelling which debunks some myths that this hobby is getting way too expensive! Love it mate. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Gents👍

The pit was very empty looking so I opted to fill it out a bit. I'm pleased it meets with your approval ☺️

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Good evening folks,

Here is Sunday's progress......

IMG-20220116-141131.jpg

IMG-20220116-165940.jpg

IMG-20220116-163002.jpg

IMG-20220116-163409.jpg

So cockpit painted up and installed with tape seat belts added, jeese the macro camera does not spare any blushes! I got the fuse lashed together and the nose section attached. There is a big seam to fill on that and the seams on the fuselage itself will need attention. I used Clearfix for the bombardier's windows as i could not get a neat fit with the kit transparencies. 

All in all decent progress made on the Mossie this weekend, lets see what this week brings....

Cheers and TFL Greg 

• Like 17

Looking really good Greg and with that nose now attached, it’s most Mossie like. You’ll be at the painting stage soon so I hope those decals arrive in good time. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looking really good Greg and with that nose now attached, it’s most Mossie like. You’ll be at the painting stage soon so I hope those decals arrive in good time. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks very much Dave,

Loads of time for decals mate.

I still have the Halifax etc to be going on with. 

ATB Greg 👍

• Like 1

Evening  all!

The past week has seen stilted progress, but progress nonetheless.

I had a good hard look and think about detailing the undercarriage and after trying to add a few wee bits to tart it up wasn't happy and decided to build as is. It is over simplified, even more so than the old Airfix example but once the gear doors are on you would hardly notice. Too much finesse would be required to add some of the fine detail on the oleos for me.

So i have assembled the engines and cleaned up the seams on the fuse. As you may see on the photos MB neglected to add trenches or raised detail to indicate the bomb bay doors. I'm thinking about scribing these myself, we will see.

End pics shows the engines attached but they are only taped in place. See the Mossie as MB intended in glorious multi-coloured plastic.  

TFL Cheers Greg

IMG_20220122_170519.jpg

IMG_20220122_170535.jpg

IMG_20220122_170818.jpg

IMG_20220122_174400.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Looking really sharp Greg :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat,

I'm enjoying these old Matchbox kits. They still build up well with a bit of TLC.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 2

Nice job so far.  Love the cockpit interior.

For awareness only, the 1970s Airfix Mossie main gear fit the Matchbox nacelles*, although some internal shelves on which to situate them are required.

Rgds

Martin

* rather better than they fit the Airfix nacelles, as a matter of fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mike romeo said:

Nice job so far.  Love the cockpit interior.

For awareness only, the 1970s Airfix Mossie main gear fit the Matchbox nacelles*, although some internal shelves on which to situate them are required.

Rgds

Martin

* rather better than they fit the Airfix nacelles, as a matter of fact.

Hi Martin,

Yes I agree about the Airfix Mossie, I never got the undercart to fit nicely without a bit of a bodge. 

Luckily the MB one fits easily by comparison. 

Cheers Greg 👍

This is looking really great Greg, this build looks to have gone together rather well - which is after all expected isn't it? Looking forward to a splash of paint. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

This is looking really great Greg, this build looks to have gone together rather well - which is after all expected isn't it? Looking forward to a splash of paint. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave,

Painting is in progress, I will post a couple of pics at the weekend 👍

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Hi again,

The Mossie now has paint! Hopefully this weekend i will get the gloss coat on and decals (courtesy of Dave aka Rabbit Leader) applied.

I'm on final approach with this lovely little kit, which i would readily recommend to one and all, if you can get your hands on one!

Next update should see her in the gallery, and a start to my Halifax or Spitfire builds, who knows maybe even both at the same time!

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome

Cheers Greg

IMG_20220129_120701.jpg

IMG_20220129_120624.jpg

P.S tape on the wings is where i'm painting on the red no walk box (in progress) as theres no decal for it.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Ray S said:

That looks good and it seems to be a very nice finish on the paint and the build itself.

Ray

3 hours ago, TonyW said:

Very nice work. Painting the wing walks looks like the way forward, the front part you have already done looks just about perfect to me.

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

What a transformation!  It looks great :thumbsup2:

Many thanks peeps ☺️

I'm really enjoying this build and the GB. 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Excellent work Greg, she really is looking nice all tarted up with war paint. I hope those decals work out! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave👍

Decals are on and proved MB transfers stand the test of time 🙂

I'm just finishing up now, wee tweaks here and there, and that will be it. Next post should see her in the gallery

Cheers Greg

• Like 1