PK-123 Wellesley

My second build for this group build is the awkwardly named and equally odd looking Wellesley.  This is a memorial build.  My father wanted to build one before passing earlier this year so I have his kit and will build it as one of a number of models I am finishing or fully building from his shelf of doom and stash.  I have not built this before but I remember a version sitting on my Dad's "Bomber Command" shelf.  This will probably be OOB with some possible scratchbuild.  

I also have the 1/72 Valom version from his stash so this one will probably be the LR aircraft unless anyone here has any other ideas.  Here is the kit in all its glory, decals could be an issue.

IMG_0029

Edited by gaelicfire
Edit Valor to Valom, yea spellcheck
  • Like 12

Great choice, and arguably one of the most iconic of Matchbox aircraft kits, best summed up by who else but Matchbox would have released this kit !

I've never made one but it's definitely on the to do list.

Best of luck

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

The Wellesley is an excellent choice, the only problem having too many of them is finding the shelf space to accommodate those huge wings! Now just like the Wellington, this kit's wing geodetic construction is very well done and from what I can tell is even better than the new-ish Valom kit. Nice to also know this will be a tribute build, I'm sure your Dad would have been very pleased with that decision. 

Cheers, welcome abroad and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...