PK-129 Meteor NF 13

Hello everyone,

For my first group build i am starting with the Matchbox Meteor and will attempt to convert it to an NF 13 and paint as an example from Operation Musketeer.  I have the Airwaves set although i have no idea how I will handle the airbrake since the set simply asks me to cut out the existing brakes.  I also have no decals for this example but I think I can pull something together.

Here is the kit and aftermarket:

C4F09DB8-9D8F-4916-9B07-005049610FB8

I hope the embed works.

• Like 10

Hi @gaelicfire, I built a Meteor NF13 here.  Unfortunately most build photos on that thread are lost now.

Well a model of Jet Age's NF13 - which has all the excuses.  It doesn't have aircon scoops - and the 39 Squadron markings are upside-down.

Then another NF14 during the previous Matchbox GB.  This thread does have photos, and a lot of Meteor information.

Welcome to your first Group Build and so thrilled to have Matchbox's Meteor as your initial model of choice. I'll be watching this WIP to see how your NF.13 mod's go, I'm sure it's only minor stuff however all important to get those small details right.  

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

I'll add my name to the list of watchers... I've been wanting to build an Israeli NF.13 for a while and I have the Xtrakit reissue of this kit, bought for this reason. Now I will probably use the Special Hobby kit but I'm planning on building the Matchbox kit too in some other marking

• Like 1

I'll sit in too, I'd like to see how the Airwaves set pans out.

My only advice - beware the rear fuselage/fin joint, I've broken them multiple times!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...