North American T6 DG Texan in French Air Force colours, 1/48

Einar

North American T6 DG Texan is a US built single-engined aircraft, that was widely used in the WWII by the USAAF and the RAF to train fighter pilots. Texans were globally very popular and in addition to the main users these planes were also employed as trainers in sixty other nations. Nowadays you can still see Texans in air shows around the world. The French Air Force were one of the operators of Texans and in addition to pilot training these planes were also used in combat duties during the French-Algerian colonial war in 1954-62.

I built the model some ten years ago from an old Heller 1/48 kit. It depicts the FAF Texan fighter that operated in the Algerian conflict from the Alger AFB. The kit was unfortunately a far cry from the excellent tamigawa products. There were all imaginable issues, the biggest being the lousy fit.  At some point I was about to throw in the towel but at last won the long battle.

If my memory serves me right I painted the model with Xtracolor trainer yellow X011 The decals that I used were from Aero Master.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Einar
typing error
  • Like 15

20 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

WOWZER!!

Einar.... you gave turned out  a very STUNNING  little T6.

:worthy:

Very lovely and splendidly  bright.

Very EFFULGENT  indeed.

:wub:

:heart:

Thank you very much Houston

Einar