British softskins 1:72 and/or 1:76 - where are the bargains?

bootneck

Hello all,

I am just starting out on collecting British AFV's and softskins.  I've looked at the main retailers but am wondering who does the best bargains?  The types of kits I'm starting with are all Airfix:

02301 Scammell tank transporter

02314 Bofors 40mm and tractor

Not actually WW2 - 02331 Land Rover 1 Tonne GS

If anyone can advise of their goto shop/site for the bargains on these type of subjects then I would be grateful to know about them.

cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the link Niall but I'd rather start with basic plastic kits initially.  I shall keep the link for when I get more experience with vehicle modelling.

cheers,
Mike

Hannants was the site I originally started my search,  but I was hoping that some other retailer that did some really good bargains on this scale.  I shall go back to the Hannants site and place an order.

cheers,

Thanks but I don't get involved with bidding sites.   I want to see a price and, if I like it, I will place an order.

I used to be based at Poole and would regularly call into their shop back then.

cheers,
Mike

Check out IBG, the do a great range of plastic kits of British stuff no one else does. IBG at Kingkit Avoid the Universal Carriers though - they're great kits if you have tiny fingers and the patience of a saint. I have neither :D 

Also have a look at The Plastic Soldier Company. Their kits are a bit simplified for wargaming, but they build quickly and easily and paint up lovely. The 'Reinforcement' single sprues are a great way to start or expand a collection without spending loads PSC British

Andy