Jump to content

Battle of Berlin (what if)


Ozzy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Finished off the Battle of Berlin diorama today.

 

Not normally one for what if’s, I saw the Miniart ball tank on line and thought it would make a nice diorama. 

 

Miniart ball tank: 40001
Miniart tank crew: 35254
Miniart furniture: 35548
zvezda Volkssturm figures: 3621

MDMB tram line base: 20211121

 

05-EE744-E-C12-A-4160-A94-F-13779-C16-EC
 

2-A9-C769-F-4-B6-D-4451-9049-4-F88-EC832

 

33-D26-E9-B-2-FE5-47-B9-9-F02-B3-D997492

 

39-A64520-C336-4-FE8-9947-1381-A213761-E

 

4-F3-EDA27-81-BD-479-A-89-B6-890-A66974-

 

99-D43749-91-F3-4378-9-DDC-8-D7371-D1569

 

BDCEFF7-D-E7-B7-405-F-8-DCD-E116-B1-AB16

 

EE905-A36-D996-4-CC4-B351-F2-C9-C40-D00-

  • Like 29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

I’m also not usually a fan of ‘what if’ but this really is a great idea which paints pictures in your mind of the greater picture set by the diorama. Very well done as all looks excellent. 

Thanks Muchmirth,

 

I saw a ball tank on an online auction site and I’d been watching a few battle of Berlin documentaries, I thought  that would be a believable mix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ozzy, I love this, even though my only is USS Montana, I think it's a great idea. Your work on the brick rubble is the scene stealer for me, looks incredible

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MRMRL said:

Hi Ozzy, I love this, even though my only is USS Montana, I think it's a great idea. Your work on the brick rubble is the scene stealer for me, looks incredible

Thanks MRNRL,

 

the weathering on the bricks is a mixture of concrete and European light dust.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/12/2021 at 22:12, nimrod484 said:

Nice idea with a good and interesting narrative. Always wondered about that ball tank and how it could be used in a diorama. Well done.

Cheers Nimrod,

 

The ball tanks definitely have loads of Diorama possibilities, one wouldn’t look out of place in a Star Wars diorama either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi Ozzy. Hope you and yours are keeping well. That turned out beautifully! Lovely attention to details, as always. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Hope you and yours are keeping well. That turned out beautifully! Lovely attention to details, as always. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

 

we’re all good down here, hope your all well up there? It was a nice little pre Christmas build, I thought the ball tank would make an interesting scene.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

That is good, really good. Very compact, nothing there that doesn't contribute to the story.

 

 

Please forgive me for pushing our GB proposal and take a look at this. This diorama suggests to me that you might find it interesting.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 14/03/2022 at 13:16, Bertie Psmith said:

That is good, really good. Very compact, nothing there that doesn't contribute to the story.

 

 

Please forgive me for pushing our GB proposal and take a look at this. This diorama suggests to me that you might find it interesting.

 

 

Thanks Bertie,

 

I’ve just seen your comment, plug away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Wulfman said:

A fabulous whif !

 

Wulfman

Cheers Wulfman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, your rubble is amazing; it just makes the entire scene so realistic.  I love the 'Dieselpunk' WW2-era what-ifs.  I've been tempted to pick up one of those ball tank kits, and your excellent diorama isn't talking me out of it one bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2022 at 20:35, ErikT said:

Wow, your rubble is amazing; it just makes the entire scene so realistic.  I love the 'Dieselpunk' WW2-era what-ifs.  I've been tempted to pick up one of those ball tank kits, and your excellent diorama isn't talking me out of it one bit.


thanks ErikT,

 

they are fantastic kits and a bit of fun to pop in a diorama, if you see one I would pick it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...