Aoshima 1/24 Pagani Huayra

I'm about half way through this kit which to say is a lot more work to go. I've heard horror stories when it comes to the body work so all that is before me. I've used the Aoshima detail set plus Ka Models carbon decals. Shifter assembly, steering wheel hub, dials and handbrake were replaced with 3D printed parts.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

51784527673_aa0432ca0e_o.jpg

51783460987_5ab52225ab_o.jpg

51784274341_290069aae5_o.jpg

• Like 10

Very, very nice indeed, that is terrific. Really like how you have laid up the carbon fibre panels on various components, good to see that you have achieve a nice 'herringbone' effect down the centre line of various components too, exactly as it should be. (We make full size carbon stuff at work, and we have to lay up carbon like that if a customer specifies it. We also had somebody visit us in a Huayra a few years back, looked quite something when he opened up all the panels).

Look forward to seeing more of your model as it progresses, superb stuff.  👍

🙂

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments. I did a lot of google research on the interiors because the kit is so detailed and everything opens up. All the detail work done can be seen afterwards unlike most other kits. Most of the car is carbon so weave direction is also really important and visible.

Finished door cards and attached 3D printed shock assemblies. Looking at it I wish I did something about the brake discs.

51785992291_539bf4a4be_o.jpg

51785177007_a9233c856f_o.jpg

51786867025_329e6b77a2_o.jpg

• Like 10

Neat carbon decals. I mean... very neat. I was wondering, though, are the leather seats as shiny as they look or is that mostly just a strong catchlight?

Weirdly, that centre console looks a lot like the face of some robot from a '50s sci-fi film. I can't unsee that now! 🤖

• Like 2

On 12/30/2021 at 12:03 AM, gamblor916 said:

I did a lot of google research on the interiors because the kit is so detailed and everything opens up. All the detail work done can be seen afterwards unlike most other kits. Most of the car is carbon so weave direction is also really important and visible.

I may also have a few images kicking around, with various panels opened up, of cabin interior and engine bay. They may not be any more detailed or advantageous to what you may already have, but I can have a look for them if necessary. 

🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil said:

I may also have a few images kicking around, with various panels opened up, of cabin interior and engine bay. They may not be any more detailed or advantageous to what you may already have, but I can have a look for them if necessary. 

🙂

That would be great. If not for this example then a future build. I also have the Pacchetto Tempesta version to build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, stratos75 said:

Great attention to the details. But your springs has wrong rotating direction. All automotive springs, as I know, have a right hand rotation.

Wow I'm not even mad. You sir have the eyes of a hawk.

9 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

But @gamblor916 is in the southern hemisphere, things rotate the other way down under :fool:

That is entirely correct.

Edited by gamblor916
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I learned from building Aoshima kits that you need to make your own tabs and deviate from the instructions where appropriate.

52319012071_988af13efd_o.jpg

The rear axle fittings really are wobbly and vague so I used Lego to help line things up.

52319436154_856dd508cc_o.jpg

The front steering assembly fits well but this area really needs a lot of strength. I used a lot of glue here to make sure of that.

52319435974_837b8d6fc2_o.jpg

A couple of shallow and minuscule bumps mark where the engine should go. Again applied lots of glue to make sure things don't move.

52319318788_3970bd6c0e_o.jpg

Lots of glue, drop the cabin in, jiggle it around to make sure its seated correctly.

52319452360_aa796a0a43_o.jpg

I thought I could build it so I could switch between open and closed. Test fitting the body panels made me realise that it was one or the other. I'll build this open so I don't have to worry about fit. I have another kit to build closed up and I already have ideas to make it fit properly.

• Like 5