1/35 Greek Kiowa warrior

This is my first post in this site.

I present you my latest work with my Kiowa warrior in Greek version.This is the Academy kit with the old MRP mold. With this kit i bought the special Pro-cal aftermarket resign kit which converts the kit in the Greek recent version that my country added to the armed forces. The color i used is the AK Helo drab. In this work i decited to create all the possible details like wires in the pylons-missles and back fuselage until the back rotor, quite a hard work to do but the result looks very nice. Finally i added all the details for a stopped helicopter according to the real photos i studied.In the end i decited to build a simple diorama as you see with many scratch builds like satellite, wires, hf antenna, Barrels for spare parts, trush barrel, power suply generator etc. The helipad is created by plaster and lots of airbrushing. I believe that i have a good final result after all.. (Excuse my English..)

51782298146_1ac1026c9f_b.jpg

51782548928_c8aa315d93_b.jpg

51782937064_41b6b77933_b.jpg

51782304176_3f4aa51945_b.jpg

51781486587_fb39abf9d7_b.jpg

51783179170_78dfd0a607_b.jpg

51782935284_749a17746a_b.jpg

51782546008_4050d962d6_b.jpg

51782545413_8eb09d5521_b.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

I like this. I like a creative aircraft diorama because I find them so hard to even imagine. The way you have built in some height is brilliant, and far more interesting than a flat windswept concrete pan. Outstanding work!!

I appreciate that you have squeezed everything together for dramatic effect, but I can't help pointing out that if even a light helicopter flew from there, it would blow those unsecured cables to pieces as well as everything else that moves, like the rubbish bin. But maybe they will tidy up before take off. 😉

I'm glad you like my work. It is my first attempt with a diorama. You have right about the light objects probably they will fly away with the heli, but now i represent a parked aircraft, and this is what i was thinking in my mind. Dioramas are something else and most of the times i built aircrafts..now i realize the differences. 😎

19 hours ago, Skyrian said:

I'm glad you like my work. It is my first attempt with a diorama. You have right about the light objects probably they will fly away with the heli, but now i represent a parked aircraft, and this is what i was thinking in my mind. Dioramas are something else and most of the times i built aircrafts..now i realize the differences. 😎

First attempt? Good grief, you are going to be a star if you keep up the dioramas.

You tell stories and made me ask questions. That's what made me think of the light objects. I was asking 'what's happened here and what will happen next?' For me that's the heart of a good diorama - the story. And you did it without any figures, which is clever. I only just noticed that, when one of my questions was 'where has everyone gone?'

Thank you for your nice words. It is true that is my first attempt..I imagined this image in my mind like a dream and tried to make it happen.. I always was a scratch builder but i never decited to create a diorama and now was the best chance to try it..

I believe that dioramas have no borders and limits.. To be honest im boring to deal with the figures.. I never paint them. I made a search of course for the diorama but i saw very few solutions for figures in 1/35 suitable for our era and for the diorama too, so i had to improvise.( I regreted for the satellite...i should make it from the coca cola can...now its late..😉)