Previous Matchbox builds (and Stash collections!)

21 hours ago, Ventora3300 said:

Preceded by a ''bare' build with Mini Paint Plan' and a full 'kit build' for comparison.

wWxPfpc.jpg

That one is bare plastic is spiffing! Or should I say Ausgezeichnet ? (bless you) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Rabbit Leader changed the title to Previous Matchbox builds (and Stash collections!)

@Mike Dean’s post in the Build List thread got me thinking about all those envious Matchbox stash collections out there. Therefore (and hopefully @Ratch doesn’t mind), I have used my special GB Host powers to alter this threads title so that we can all drool over all those tMatchbox ‘Stash Collections’ / pension toppers that are currently gathering dust out there. 

I’ll start, however rather than post my tiny stash, I’ll post some previous photos of regular contributor @Rob S. Rob is currently moving house at the moment so although he may not be in a position to model as much as he would like, I’m sure would be happy to show off these photos as some type of GB contribution. Warning, I’ve got first dibs on everything, so the Congo line starts behind me! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Now I see a few Build List fillers in that lot….. C’mon Rob, we are waiting? 

51253971793_6f29ce722a_b.jpg

51253040317_a244c40fc3_b.jpg

51253971788_2a7a9f0ee6_b.jpg

• Like 9

Shameful Admission. 

Those photos are from “Stash Prime” in BrisCovidCentralVegas. 

Now we are having to move House at BLTnowherenearasmuchCovid to avoid Covid Central and I have just put “Stash Alt” into storage (as the “new” digs are much smaller) and sadly there is probably just as much Matchbox in “Stash Alt” (including a lot of armour and the ultimate huge Corvette kit) as in those photos. 

I’ll see if I can get a photo when things settle down.  

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

@Rob S, you know you could have stored “Stash Alt” at my place, then both Prime and Alt stashes would be housed within the same city. I’m sure Mrs RL wouldn’t mind you taking up two whole rooms in our house or I could always kick one of the kids out if that was required. My storage fees are quite reasonable too, no money taken, however unwanted Matchbox kits always make great donations! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Here's some of my current built collection. Some are already in the Gallery and are builds by myself. Others are restored or repainted older builds that arrived here as part of a few job lots. I can see a few more builds and restorations getting added over the next few months. 🙂

20220208-101607.jpg

And in the 'what on earth was I thinking department, here's a pile of kits I sold on years ago. At the time I was concentrating on too many other brands to do Matchbox justice. You can probably guess that I really regret selling them now. Ho Hum.

imageproxy.jpg

• Like 12

On 2/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

@Rob S, you know you could have stored “Stash Alt” at my place, then both Prime and Alt stashes would be housed within the same city.

9 x 4 x 2.4?  

(And then there is that “other” lot!) 

Edited by Rob S

28 minutes ago, Rob S said:

9 x 4 x 2.4?  

(And then there is that “other” lot!) 

Unfortunately I’ll have to deduct marks for not including the unit of measurement! 

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:36 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

@Mike Dean’s post in the Build List thread got me thinking about all those envious Matchbox stash collections out there. Therefore (and hopefully @Ratch doesn’t mind), I have used my special GB Host powers to alter this threads title so that we can all drool over all those tMatchbox ‘Stash Collections’ / pension toppers that are currently gathering dust out there. 

I’ll start, however rather than post my tiny stash, I’ll post some previous photos of regular contributor @Rob S. Rob is currently moving house at the moment so although he may not be in a position to model as much as he would like, I’m sure would be happy to show off these photos as some type of GB contribution. Warning, I’ve got first dibs on everything, so the Congo line starts behind me! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Now I see a few Build List fillers in that lot….. C’mon Rob, we are waiting? 

51253971793_6f29ce722a_b.jpg

51253040317_a244c40fc3_b.jpg

51253971788_2a7a9f0ee6_b.jpg

You forgot to add the photo of the "Top Layer of Purple Kits :

51874361253_8d5d337e92_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Because I knew you were a modest chap and didn’t want to show off! 

"Modest"

adjective

1.  unassuming in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.

2.  (of an amount, rate, or level) relatively moderate, limited, or small.

3.  dressing or behaving so as to avoid impropriety or indecency, especially to avoid attracting sexual attention (typically used of a woman). 

"show off"

1.  display someone or something that is a source of pride.

2.  boastfully display one's abilities or accomplishments.

To preserve that then no one should take any notice of this lot ...

51873308067_d647966297_h.jpg

51873308077_4572a7aa37_h.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Rob S said:

"Modest"

adjective

1.  unassuming in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.

2.  (of an amount, rate, or level) relatively moderate, limited, or small.

3.  dressing or behaving so as to avoid impropriety or indecency, especially to avoid attracting sexual attention (typically used of a woman). 

"show off"

1.  display someone or something that is a source of pride.

2.  boastfully display one's abilities or accomplishments.

To preserve that then no one should take any notice of this lot ...

51873308067_d647966297_h.jpg

51873308077_4572a7aa37_h.jpg

Now that's what you call a stash!🤑

• Like 1

I mentioned in a previous post in the "Matchbox GB chat" that I have all of the Matchbox car kits built, plus all of the boxed first issue kits, and I was prompted to post some piccies. Here are the builds:

spacer.png

The Citroen Legere is the car I liked building the least, the SS100 being the most!

And the boxes:

spacer.png

I think it's aesthetically pleasing that all the cars are travelling in the same direction. Even the Packard Victoria and the Rolls Royce Phantom face the same way.

Edited by Mike Dean
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Lovely collection @Mike Dean, they are awesome and very inspirational. I am surprised how small the Tyrell looks in comparison to some of the other cars. The Porsches look huge in comparison. Thanks for posting. 
Cheers.. Dave 

I think that with Formula 1 cars of that time, you didn't get into them, you just strapped them on!

I think it a real shame that Matchbox didn't provide any driver figures for all the cars. They would have so looked so much better, especially a Nuvolari figure in the Auto Union D type .

Edited by Mike Dean
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike Dean said:

I think it's aesthetically pleasing that all the cars are travelling in the same direction. Even the Packard Victoria and the Rolls Royce Phantom face the same way.

It's really nice to see the full set of Matchbox cars built up and displayed together Mike :thumbsup:

As for orientation of the box art cars, I've displayed all the models in my cabinet in the exact same way (i.e. viewed from the nearside front quarter).  It seems to be the predominant orientation at shows too.  I'm wondering if there's something in our genes that makes us prefer this view :winkgrin:?

Cheers 

• Like 3

In the way of providing 'balance' to @Rob S's mega stash, may I present my 'micro-stash' of Matchbox and re-box kits:-

DSCN8403

... and the Twin Otter has been started. The Stranraer does have two transfer sheets, one of which is a Revell re-issue from a kit that defeated me.

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 9

I picked up an instant stash at the Shuttleworth model show on Sunday. It was my first proper trip out to anything model related since all this Covid business kicked off, so I may have got a bit excited.

20220214-104350.jpg

Matchbox kits were on offer at most of the stalls. Prices were far better than ebay, so I went for broke. Nothing ventured and all that.

I picked up five or so kits at one sellers stall. On enquiring if a discount were possible, I was told not really as the kits are funding our Blenheim. I added a few more kits to the pile at that point. A win/win situation for both of us.

All in all a very good day out that will also keep me busy for the rest of the GB, and probably further into the future than that.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Ok, I need a name of the Matchbox ringleader here!!!, Any name will do to pass to the missus to blame for this mini stash growing in the shed. :)

Just delivered today. 2 1/48 jobs, to my shame I have not built a 1/48 Matchbox kit before so here's hoping I have enough glue!!

not like I have another 300 kits in the loft to get through!!

IMG_9695mini

IMG_9698
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, George Norman said:

Nice series of chat from this bloke on you tube. I like them anyhow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju7FmGw3u1s

Thanks for the link George. I did post the first three episodes somewhere on here (perhaps the Chat) however I now see Peter has added Part 4 to his list. 

Cheers.. Dave