Classic Publications "Schlactflieger" question

MDriskill

I just learned that there are two different versions of Classic's "Schlactflieger, Luftwaffe Ground Attack Aircraft 1937-1945." One has an image of an Hs 129 on the cover, and the author is listed as Ehrengardt. The other has an image of a Bu 181, and a team of seven authors led by Smith.

I'd never seen the former one. Are the contents of these different?

I cannot help you with the book about Schlachtflieger but If the author you mean is Jacques Ehrengardt it is a French historian and for many years was the editor of french magazine Aero journal.I have three books about the Normandie Niemen,the 2nd tactical airforce during D-day and the Luftwaffe in Normandy written by him.

Saluti

Giampiero

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri

Gents, I appreciate your notes. This is probably an insignificant thing, but have since found images of other books in the series with differing versions of the cover art.

Random thought, the color of ink used for the authors' names seems to vary in these. Might that indicate successive print runs, issues for different distributors, or something similar? I have all 20 volumes of the "Jagdwaffe" series, and various ones have the names in black, white, yellow, red, brown, and blue...

Edited by MDriskill