40089 M7 HMC 105mm 'Priest'

Looking good, although it’s been putting up a fight! I bought a Revell repop of this at SMW for the M4 GB so I’m taking notes.

On the subject of dropping things and carpet monsters, there should be a study on the reaction time it takes to bring your thighs together when dropping a part. It’s not completely autonomous because when I drop my scalpel I just let it fall.

I have also found the “torch” button on my phone very useful when I’m waffling about under the desk…

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

On the subject of dropping things and carpet monsters, there should be a study on the reaction time it takes to bring your thighs together when dropping a part. It’s not completely autonomous because when I drop my scalpel I just let it fall.

That reminds me of something I read way back about how to detect a woman disgused as a man - if they drop something off a table or whatever in front of where they are sitting a man automatically brings his knees together, but being used to wearing a skirt a woman does the opposite to try and catch it. I tried wearing an apron when modelling but still could not remember to move my knees out not in! Of course that probably only worked back in the days when ladies did not wear trousers very often, if ever - perhaps it was in an Agatha Christie book?

Pete

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for stopping by guys :thumbsup:

I sealed the Priest with a gloss varnish ready to apply a wash and will allow it to dry for at least 48 hours.

51829319005_09c65e942e_z.jpg

51828595341_8803f19a7e_z.jpg

I then found a broken trailer and two wheels, which were cemented to the leaf springs.

51828595226_c5c923c6ee_z.jpg

51827648172_b6a8ef4166_z.jpg

Then the trailer was painted. I read that the Priest had a crew of seven. Quite how they fitted in is hard to imagine, but I selected four more figures to add.

51828595191_e19292df8e_z.jpg

51828595171_c14b97207f_z.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/18/2022 at 2:52 AM, PeterB said:

That reminds me of something I read way back about how to detect a woman disgused as a man - if they drop something off a table or whatever in front of where they are sitting a man automatically brings his knees together, but being used to wearing a skirt a woman does the opposite to try and catch it. I tried wearing an apron when modelling but still could not remember to move my knees out not in! Of course that probably only worked back in the days when ladies did not wear trousers very often, if ever - perhaps it was in an Agatha Christie book?

Pete

@JOCKNEY me old mate are you reading this?? Finally, it appears there’s a better use for that tartan kilt you keep wearing all about town, so just bring it to the modelling bench and all your carpet monster stories will be a thing of the past! 

Cheers Dave (now wondering if there’s benefits of modelling with a corked hat!)

• Haha 2

Almost done here.

51836156183_460559cc6a_z.jpg

and after more washes, dry-brushes and applications of powders she's over the line.

51836397354_820fda7168_c.jpg

I usually keep my braille-scale vehicles in Ferrero Rochet boxes to keep the dust off.

Hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have.

• Like 5

Looks great Ratch, at the rate you model you'd be doing well to clean out all those chocolate boxes...... I do hope you share them with all the family! 

Excellent stuff mate, she's come up a treat. Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...