H Builds “It’s Chinook Time!”

I rescued a part built one of these from the bin, a while back as part of a house clearance after a fellow modeller passed away. 

Way passed the 25% complete stage but I might ask Enzo for permission to finish it in the Falklands GB.

Best of luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s Wokka time!! 

The great kits just keep rolling in don’t they? I still recall after years of no Chinnok models, Matchbox came out with this beauty first before anyone else. It was an excellent kit for its day and I’m sure with your skills @Hockeyboy76 she will turn out a real treat. That’s an interesting scheme on that Revell box, is this the one you’re planning to do mate? 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

I still recall after years of no Chinnok models, Matchbox came out with this beauty first before anyone else.

Airfix kept promising a Chinook, but never delivered.  I remember someone won a trophy at one of the big modelling shows with a vignette that depicted a cobweb covered skeleton collapsed by a letterbox, entitled "Waiting for the Airfix Chinook."

Edited by Possibly Apocryphal
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Virtually done I’d say… Nice progress H and the good thing about choppers is that once the fuselage is all buttoned up it seems like the finishing line is not that far behind. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@JOCKNEY, Busy at work and a birthday week. The Chinny is drying under some black paint ready for some camo wrap. It’s a juggling act between this, the mossie and the Harrier. Little

H will be joining us with a build in a GB soon I’m sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1