Typhoon - question re Airwaves etch set...

mackem01

Just purchased Aiwaves set AEC48079 for the Hawker Typhoon which has a cockpit tub frame. The instructions say "build up frame with either superglue or plastic rod". Does that mean I need to glue plastic rod on the flat bars of the framework? Stupid question I know but it's the first time I've used one of these cockpit assemblies.

39 minutes ago, mackem01 said:

Just purchased Aiwaves set AEC48079 for the Hawker Typhoon which has a cockpit tub frame. The instructions say "build up frame with either superglue or plastic rod". Does that mean I need to glue plastic rod on the flat bars of the framework? Stupid question I know but it's the first time I've used one of these cockpit assemblies.

Yes, the cockpit was inside a framework of rods or tubes. Evergreen has some half-round strips/rods that could do the trick. 

And no, a question is legitimate when you ask for knowledge you do not posses. 

/Finn 

I assume you are working on a Hasegawa 1/48 Typhoon.  If it is a bubble top, almost nothing of the cockpit interior is visible through the top opening, which is about 0.5" wide by 0.75" long.  Considering this, the Hasegawa cockpit detail is pretty adequate.  The one thing missing from the kit plastic that is noticeable if looked for is the compass (mounts to the bottom of the instrument panel.  This is easily scratchbuildable.  I replaced the seats with Ultracast items, which have moulded on seatbelts which are easy to paint and really pop with an appropriate oil wash.

ilj