Kinetic 1/48th Sea Harrier FA.2

Very nice, this is a recent addition to my stash and been itching to build it. Go together without issue?

Always something menacing about an Amraam armed Sea Harrier F/A 2!!👍

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Muzz said:

Very nice, this is a recent addition to my stash and been itching to build it. Go together without issue?

Always something menacing about an Amraam armed Sea Harrier F/A 2!!👍

Thanks Muzz.

No real problems with the kit parts going together, the only filler I used was on the wing to fuselage joint followed by a little rescribing... the Aires cockpit on the other hand was a real pain to fit.

9 hours ago, Baldieplod said:

Brilliant . Those tyres are really staining under the weight in that 4th pic 🥴

Thanks very much.

I think I took a little too much of the main wheels in an attempt to get the outriggers to touch on the ground!

• Like 1

Stunning, a real quality build!

What's your experience with MRP paints by the way? I'm debating starting to use them instead of having to thin Tamiya Acrylics/Lacquers.

M

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, MBM said:

Stunning, a real quality build!

What's your experience with MRP paints by the way? I'm debating starting to use them instead of having to thin Tamiya Acrylics/Lacquers.

M

Thanks M.

I've been very impressed with MRP paints, they spray straight out of the bottle, are touch dry within minutes and give a smooth satin finish.

On the negative side they do smell, fume extraction or a decent gas mask is a must and I do find the tall bottles are rather prone to being knocked over...  ask me how I know that!!!

Cheers,

gazza l