Nice to see this Harrier build again and apologise for taking this long to get back to you. As Cliff suggests, its all worth it, so keep plugging away, it will be all worthwhile in the end. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 7:10 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice to see this Harrier build again and apologise for taking this long to get back to you. As Cliff suggests, its all worth it, so keep plugging away, it will be all worthwhile in the end. 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, CliffB said:

I'm sure all this effort will be worth it :popcorn:

Thanks chaps - it's kind of gone past where I wanted it to be, as it was supposed a simple build. Anyways, some more primer on, strakes have been refined, and the wing pylons are having a bit of detail added as they aren't very good as supplied, especially as there won't be any loads on them.

And the most important part - the iconic Matchbox stand! It also gave me a chance to test the kit decals. 🙂

51856204484_0d7a53eac7_c.jpg

51856204304_3b8e13dd1f_c.jpg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Slow progress; cockpit is in, more rubbing down, and some primer on the nozzles, pilot, panel, and some of the modified pylons. Most of the detail on the airframe has been erased during the process, but will get added back on as we go. Off to sunny Portugal tomorrow, so it can take its time drying whilst I catch some rays. 🌞

51895697265_a25b03171e_c.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Off to sunny Portugal tomorrow, so it can take its time drying whilst I catch some rays. 🌞

Have a great time (I'm very jealous).  You should get there in record time if the wind's in the right direction :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

A belated catch up on your Harrier, however I see your sunning it in Portugal at the moment, sounds like a great break. Nice update photo and looking forward to the next instalment. 
Cheers.. Dave. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Had an idea that the joints for the wings might be a bit weak, and this seems to have been confirmed with @stevej60 's build. Taking a different tack meant attaching them before the fuselage went together, allowing lots of cyano + acrylic powder to be used as reinforcement. Hopefully it will work, as the joints don't look great, and will need plenty of fettling. Also managed to lose the instrument panel which was fixed in position, and has now been gobbled up by the carper monster. 🤔

51979282038_fd1be43883_c.jpg

51979487904_5d6987c3c3_c.jpg

51979281628_6773341ec4_c.jpg

51979281453_8699ac74b3_c.jpg

• Like 5

Joined up and I tried my best to get things lined up, but she wasn't having it. Now a filler queen, and I can foresee filling/sanding/priming cycles ahead. 🙂

51981899335_d6173651d9_c.jpg

51981350306_9936e41138_c.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Another round gets us to here. Looking a little sharper, and the area at the top of the intakes/rear of cockpit has a bit more shoulder to it - not sure if the issue was with the kit or overzealous sanding. In any case, not too much to do before details can be added back onto the airframe.

52005355227_5d13786b15_c.jpg

52005355322_63af57db4d_c.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this Harrier back on the bench, she certainly looks very smooth and different compared to the original trench lined kit parts. Looking good. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Great to see this Harrier back on the bench, she certainly looks very smooth and different compared to the original trench lined kit parts. Looking good. 

Thanks Dave - not since I built the Frog Spitfire and V1 has a kit vexed me so - it's coming along, and whilst it looks like a nice Harrier OOB, I couldn't bring myself not to fettle it a little bit 🙂.  Adding some detail as we speak.

• 2 weeks later...

And a few more details added, never realised there were so many bumps and vents on a Harrier. It looks a lot busier now, but still more to do.

52078737134_a57b4f69ee_c.jpg

52078511823_14a64596e3_c.jpg

• Like 4

Looking great Scott

What's not to like about a Harrier, especially when it's molded in British Standard Beige !

On the home stretch mate, and no rigging :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1