AFV Club [35S02] CVR(T) FV101 Scorpion - versions

bootneck

Hello all,

I am new to AFV modelling, although I have been building ships and aircraft for 60 years, and I haven't built a tank since the Airfix Stalin tank in 1962.  I am wondering whether to get the AFV Club 1:35 scale CVR(T) Scorpion.  Has anyone got this kit and built it?  My query is what version is it and can any other versions be made from it, possibly with aftermarket or scratchbuild stuff?

cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the link Richard,

I only saw two Army tracked vehicles during the Falklands war, one was Scorpion that had hit a mine and the other was a recovery with a dozer blade.  I am considering doing a Falklands dio of those two vehicles, if they are available in kit form or can be converted etc.  I would also like to do the Royal Marines Volvo BV202 but couldn't find anything on Scalemates.

cheers,

Mike

Gosh! that's a brute Ivan.  I never came across any of those types of vehicles during my time in the Corps.  I shall start following your build of it and see what I can learn, about AFV's.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

I have the Scorpion and have built the Simitar. Nice kits, i add some items from SMM for the Scimitar, i did a Falklands war vehgilce. Their AM is really nice, i have backdate sets for the Scorpion as well. There were a total of 9 CVR(t)'s in the Falklands, 4 Scorpions, 4 Scimitars and a Saracen recovery, all with the Blues and Royals. You could do a Scimitar and a Scorpion together.

I have just ordered the CET from Accurate Armour, only option for that subject, and no, deffinetly can't be built from a CVR(t).

• Like 1

Thanks for the information Bish.  It will be some time before I can build up funds for an AA CET.  Hopefully, you will do a WiP with your CAT on here and I could follow along.

cheers,
Mike

3 hours ago, Bish said:

I have the Scorpion and have built the Simitar. Nice kits, i add some items from SMM for the Scimitar, i did a Falklands war vehgilce. Their AM is really nice, i have backdate sets for the Scorpion as well. There were a total of 9 CVR(t)'s in the Falklands, 4 Scorpions, 4 Scimitars and a Saracen recovery, all with the Blues and Royals. You could do a Scimitar and a Scorpion together.

I have just ordered the CET from Accurate Armour, only option for that subject, and no, deffinetly can't be built from a CVR(t).

Nice one Bish I was only this morning looking at one of those CETs (aways called a Frog when in service) then I remembered all that resin in my Stalwart build😟 let us know what you think of the quality when you get it please👍

Ivan

I will do when i get to it, not sure when that will be. I was able to get mine thanks to combining money i got from my birthday with what i got on Sat. Its certainly not cheap for a 35th armour kit.

Just now, ivan-o said:

Nice one Bish I was only this morning looking at one of those CETs (aways called a Frog when in service) then I remembered all that resin in my Stalwart build😟 let us know what you think of the quality when you get it please👍

Ivan

Ye, we still called it the frog when i was armoured, used to love seeing those. Only one of their kits i have built so far is the Snatch, nothing to complicated there. I have bought a couple more wheeled kits since, but the CET and Spatan i also ordered will be somthing else i am guessing. I was one of those who put my name down for the CET to be brought back, so was chuffed when they did.

• Like 1