Just a Marker for a Hawker Fury or a DH Mosquito or both - Now PK116 NF30 Mosquito

Sound good @Olmec Head, please make up your mind?

This is starting to sound like Mrs RL talk and I often jump on BM to get away from all that! 

Cheers.. Dave (honestly there is no rush - I’m just being silly 🙃)

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Sound good @Olmec Head, please make up your mind?

This is starting to sound like Mrs RL talk and I often jump on BM to get away from all that! 

Cheers.. Dave (honestly there is no rush - I’m just being silly 🙃)

No worries, it will depend on if the Mosquito is a Revell boxing or the original.  I know that the Fury is an original boxing, but then I am rubbish at rigging!

• Like 1

No need to be concerned about the box. Revell boxings are more than accepted (even encouraged) as we should never forget their contribution for buying the original Matchbox moulds and then re-releasing them over time for the next generation(s) to enjoy. I’m with you on the rigging, however there’s always a first time? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Olmec Head changed the title to Just a Marker for a Hawker Fury or a DH Mosquito or both - Now PK116 NF30 Mosquito

Decision Made - PK116 Mosquito

The old 1970s Fury box just looks too redolent of memories to be built (and I can't do rigging).  So it will be the NF30 Mosquito which I have done some time ago out of the box.  I am not sure when it might start and if I will use different markings.  I could use the new Airfix kit as a reference, apart from the target tug bits!.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2022 at 22:44, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Olmec Head

Have you decided which of your 2 cracking kits you are going to build first ?

Either one would be terrific.

Look forward to hearing how you are getting on .

Kind regards Pat 

Just finishing off the MiG 21 and then a go at the Mosquito in an NF30/36 version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And we're Off!

I think this kit was bought in the early 1990s and I found it in my parents' attic a few years ago.  It's not the proper multi colour version, but the next iteration of boring grey:

20220402_160351

There are some spare bits from a previous Matchbox kit that I built some time ago and maybe even parts from an old Airfix version.

After a couple of hours of cutting and gluing, I got the main bits together:

20220402_171415

The NF30/36 bullnose will be interesting to fit to the fuselage.  I put some plasticard strips into the radiator intakes to fill some gaps.  It will be wheels up, so the wheel well doors have been put in place and went in well.  The tablecloth is courtesy of my wife and is of the same vintage as the kit.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...