Bristol Britannia Series 253 C.Mk1 XM496 Regulus

Finally completed my last model of 2021.

This one is thanks to John Maxwell, a fellow club member who asked for this 1/144 F-RSIN kit to be completed for a friend of his & also thanks to Norman for creating a very nice base for it.

Completely out of the box. The kit was slightly short shot in some places. The wings didn't have straight edges so I had to use my spruegoo mix to correct some badly moulded parts. I say badly, but the kit is a short run kit, so expect imperfections. The decal sheet included the blue sash that had printed panel lines for the doors, which didn't line up with the panel lines on the fuselage halves so I rescribed for just the fuselage & scribed a new cargo door at the front port side.

Hataka for the light aircraft grey, Vallejo Metal colour & Vallejo white with a Klear cote.

51779554071_91804e48f7_k.jpg

51779554161_64bb740fba_k.jpg

51778734967_0b022bcc04_k.jpg

51779803288_a68c389e2a_k.jpg

51780195369_6e689b4e58_k.jpg

51778735292_ecde6999ba_k.jpg

51779803568_bc479a3049_k.jpg

51779803618_f56f63ca86_k.jpg

51780439995_76ae92863b_k.jpg

51778735612_b904630314_k.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Martin

• Like 44

Very impressive, thanks for sharing.

Hope you don't mind me pointing out that the manufacturer of the kit is F-RSIN, not F-Resin. The name is like a French airliner registration, same as F-DCAL.

Dave G

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Very impressive, thanks for sharing.

Hope you don't mind me pointing out that the manufacturer of the kit is F-RSIN, not F-Resin. The name is like a French airliner registration, same as F-DCAL.

Dave 

Cheers Dave.

That's fine, you are correct. Please excuse my secretary while I have him flogged hung drawn & quartered! 😆

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ratch said:

It would be nice to know which kit and scale it is :banghead:

As long as it isn’t the 1/48th scale Airfix kit in the Revell Box with the Hasegawa white metal parts and the Cartograf decals then thats good, because it doesn’t exist 🤪

Thats a stunner of a build. The finish on the white is like ice!!

Too scared to start my Roden one with Ray’s Redcoat decals, maybe one day. 

Best Rgds

Ben

Edited by Ben Hartmann
Drunk
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ratch said:

It would be nice to know which kit and scale it is :banghead:

I thought I had mentioned it! It is there unless there's another Britmodeller glitch.

Just in case you missed it. It's the F-RSIN 1/144 Britannia.

7 minutes ago, Ben Hartmann said:

As long as it isn’t the 1/48th scale Airfix kit in the Revell Box with the Hasegawa white metal parts and the Cartograf decals then thats good, because it doesn’t exist 🤪

Thats a stunner of a build. The finish on the white is like ice!!

Too scared to start my Roden one with Ray’s Redcoat decals, maybe one day. 

Best Rgds

Ben

Thanks Ben for the complement about the white. It's just Vallejo white acrylic & the Roden kit actually looks like a good kit.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks Ben for the complement about the white. It's just Vallejo white acrylic & the Roden kit actually looks like a good kit.

Cool, I hope you get one before they sell out and start going for obscene money! Seems to be the way things go these days unfortunately 

Best Rgds

Ben

Edited by Ben Hartmann
Typo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

That's really gorgeous, and looks spot on!  Not an easy kit, from the description of things.

Thanks mate, it definitely isn't a straight forward kit. Loads of flash & some parts are quite basic. I had made up a pot of melted grey sprue with Tamiya extra thin glue prior to acquiring the model & a lot of it was used, especially for filling in the fuselage join lines & the errant panel lines which had to be re done.  Far better than using normal filler.

43 minutes ago, k5054nz said:

Took the words right out of my mouth! Beautiful job, @Lightningboy2000, she's just gorgeous.

Thank you! 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

I thought I had mentioned it! It is there unless there's another Britmodeller glitch.

Just in case you missed it. It's the F-RSIN 1/144 Britannia.

I thought it looked too good to be the Eastern Express 1/96 like I built earlier this year :goodjob:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Courageous said:

Lovely job there Martin, John and Co will be right chuffed.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. First time I'd ever built something like this & all seemed to go well. Look forward to our next meeting.

• Like 1