Bumerang Panda Hobby 1/35

PanZair

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

All the Bumerangs seen so far - all prototypes or development vehicles - have been plain green.  But I guess if Russia commits to production of the Bumerang we can assume that the "standard" Russian camo schemes would be used.  The vehicle has been in development since at least 2015 and was only expected to complete final trials in 2021.  It does not appear that production has been authorised yet.  Same story with the Kurganets, which shares turrets with Bumerang.  This IFV version by Panda and the Zvezda version represents the later/latest configuration.  The earlier Panda APC kit was a very early version.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You do realise that the Bumerang isn't actually in Russian army service or even in production? 

It's been around in various forms since about 2015 and has been seen at arms fairs and parades but production has not commenced because of continual design changes up to 2021.  Trials of that "final" design were running late into 2022 but as far as is known no production orders have been placed, perhaps surprising in the current situation and the proven vulnerability of the Soviet-era BTR designs still in service.  Ukraine has fielded the BTR-4, its equivalent of the Bumerang.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice build and love the clear photos. The white in the chipping is nice touch you don't see very often. But it's a great way of enhancing the chipping effect.

What brand are the blankets/chair etc? Is that some sort of accessory set?

Evert

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyingdutchman said:

Très belle construction et j'adore les photos claires. Le blanc dans l'écaillage est une belle touche que vous ne voyez pas très souvent. Mais c'est un excellent moyen d'améliorer l'effet d'écaillage.

Quelle marque sont les couvertures/chaise etc? C'est une sorte d'ensemble d'accessoires ?

Evert

Thank for your comment

Chair is a german brand, i don't remember the name. Blanket and matelas are self made, Bags, ammo boxes are from Eureka XXL.

Dust effect with enamel

fbIMG_1661.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/02/2023 at 12:25, FrancisGL said:

Hi Panzair,

Great job, i'm lovin'it.

Do you use water with the enamel?...

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

yes, i use water to active the chipping fluid, and with enamel african dust color, the result is more fine

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...