1/48 - Republic P-47D Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25RE/30RA/30RE released - new variant P-47D-28RE in 2024

Homebee

MiniArt is to release 1/48th Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt kits.

Source: https://miniart-models.com/wp-content/catalogue/2022/index.html

- ref. 48001 - Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt - advanced kit - released

- ref. 48009 - Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt - basic kit - released

- ref. 48015 - Republic P-47D-28RE Thunderbolt - basic kit

- ref. 48023 - Republic P-47D-30RE Thunderbolt - basic kit - released

- ref. 48029 - Republic P-47D-30RA Thunderbolt - advanced kit

Have a look at the kits reference numbers, there's room enough for Mustang, Spitfire, Bf.109, Fw.190, Zero, Hurricane etc. 😜

P47.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25RE box art+3D renders - release in 2022

Well that's interesting. It will be interesting to see what this is like, the engine is the wrong type to start with ( R2800-21 instead of the -59), but hopefully more versions of the P-47 to follow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Bold release, since Tamiya's effort is one of their best, at the same time big smack to Eduard and their laxed new tool 48th release schedule in the last few years. 

Yes I thought the next new P-47 kit I would be buying would be from Eduard. It will be interesting to see how many versions MiniArt do, Razorback & N's?.This could get very expensive 😉

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Well that's interesting. It will be interesting to see what this is like, the engine is the wrong type to start with ( R2800-21 instead of the -59), but hopefully more versions of the P-47 to follow.

Thunderbolt enthusiasts will likely see the difference between the two engines but most of us, myself included, wouldn't and as long as the kit looks like a Thunderbolt and assembles well enough it'll be a nice new addition to our stashes or completed model collections.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, SAT69 said:

Thunderbolt enthusiasts will likely see the difference between the two engines but most of us, myself included, wouldn't and as long as the kit looks like a Thunderbolt and assembles well enough it'll be a nice new addition to our stashes or completed model collections.

That maybe so but since they are doing an advanced set with a detailed engine it would be nice it they got it right. After all the Tamiya kit is fairly old and we got turtleback mags with that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Might as well build kits from the '60 then...😏

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Well.. If you make a new kit, I expect the correct engine to be honest. It´s a weird mistake, if it follows with the release....

Looking forward to this though! Any news? Not good at keeping up with all companies in social media..

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

Any news? Not good at keeping up with all companies in social media..

I think they're kinda busy right now with more existential matters. 

• Like 1

I think MiniArt seem to have dropped away as a result of the war. (Hopefully just for now!)

Their Twitter posts diorama contributions, but no news of products, whilst their website last news was in March, with the new Ukrainian BTR. I don't recall any coming soon stuff appearing on Hannants from them, where ICM do plus the Strelet figures.

15 hours ago, alt-92 said:

I think they're kinda busy right now with more existential matters. 

That´s what I thought earleir too but I was also told, more recently, that they are indeed posting updates on their social media - hence why I asked. I am aware what is going on, thank you very much.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25RE box art+3D renders - release in 2023 ?
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been wanting to build a razor back for a while now, as I already have a bubble top  in the cabinet, from an Eduard boxing of the rather average Academy kit. A new P-47 with the MiniArt touch would be quite a thing though, so I can’t wait.  

Looks like they got the turtleback mags now even though they also have the magento block fitted, but easy enough to just leave that off.

Anyway nice to see Miniart are still active.

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Looks like they got the turtleback mags now even though they also have the magento block fitted, but easy enough to just leave that off.

The catalogue explains the differences between the model series:

•  Basic Kit - Easy to build kits without or with minimum quantity of PE details
  • Advanced Kit - Kits include more PE details, additional marking and camouflage options, extra interior details etc. 

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Anyway nice to see Miniart are still active.

They had already been active since autumn 2022. Apart from the war, it took them a long time to move - transporting hundreds of steel moulds, weighing tonnes, from Kyiv to Poland is no easy task even in peacetime, let alone in wartime.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

The catalogue explains the differences between the model series:

•  Basic Kit - Easy to build kits without or with minimum quantity of PE details
  • Advanced Kit - Kits include more PE details, additional marking and camouflage options, extra interior details etc. 

I know, but I'm missing your point there?

Good to know they are on top of things by the sound of it.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25/30RE box art+3D renders - release in 2023 ?
2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I know, but I'm missing your point there?

It was rather me who didn't get it, as I thought you were referring to the level of complexity. My excuse is that I was only after my first coffee and that still wasn't enough.

I meant to add information for those who don't look at the catalogue to know that the 1/48 models will be produced in two variants.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

It's gone a bit quiet on these, are they leaving it to Dora Wings?

Dora Wings are only doing the early B and C versions.

• Like 1