1/48 - Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25RE box art+3D renders - release in 2022

Homebee

In 2022, MiniArt is to release 1/48th Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt kits.

Source: https://miniart-models.com/wp-content/catalogue/2022/index.html

- ref. 48001 - Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt - advanced kit

- ref. 48009 - Republic P-47D-25RE Thunderbolt - basic kit

Have a look at the kits reference numbers, there's room enough for Mustang, Spitfire, Bf.109, Fw.190, Zero, Hurricane etc. 😜

P47.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47D/M Thunderbolt by MiniArt - P-47D-25RE box art+3D renders - release in 2022

Well that's interesting. It will be interesting to see what this is like, the engine is the wrong type to start with ( R2800-21 instead of the -59), but hopefully more versions of the P-47 to follow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Bold release, since Tamiya's effort is one of their best, at the same time big smack to Eduard and their laxed new tool 48th release schedule in the last few years. 

Yes I thought the next new P-47 kit I would be buying would be from Eduard. It will be interesting to see how many versions MiniArt do, Razorback & N's?.This could get very expensive 😉

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Well that's interesting. It will be interesting to see what this is like, the engine is the wrong type to start with ( R2800-21 instead of the -59), but hopefully more versions of the P-47 to follow.

Thunderbolt enthusiasts will likely see the difference between the two engines but most of us, myself included, wouldn't and as long as the kit looks like a Thunderbolt and assembles well enough it'll be a nice new addition to our stashes or completed model collections.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, SAT69 said:

Thunderbolt enthusiasts will likely see the difference between the two engines but most of us, myself included, wouldn't and as long as the kit looks like a Thunderbolt and assembles well enough it'll be a nice new addition to our stashes or completed model collections.

That maybe so but since they are doing an advanced set with a detailed engine it would be nice it they got it right. After all the Tamiya kit is fairly old and we got turtleback mags with that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Might as well build kits from the '60 then...😏

• Like 1