GWH 1/48 Su-27 "Flanker B" heavy fighter building record

haneto

I also took some photos of Su-27 together.

My photo booth is too small for this huge bird, so I just took several shots and gave up.

Need to buy a bigger booth later to take the formal photos...

Also took some photos of the model with some nolstalgic reference(yes I even bought a Su-27 LD from Japan which is narrated by the very famous aviation photographer Mr. Katsuhiko Tokunaga!) to bring back the good old days to those who remember like me, when Su-27 was still the cutting edge top secret of Soviet Union. 

322.jpg
323.jpg
324.jpg
325.jpg

Happy weekend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That truely is a masterpiece model. It must be one of the top 5 best aircraft models I have ever seen on various forums. Your attention to detail is amazing and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing you work with us.

It really is one of the best builds I have ever seen and the information you give us on how to go about building our own is most appreciated. I am sure your work in progress posts have sold many GWH Flankers to folk who might not have bought them otherwise.

I look forward to using this WiP as inspiration when the time comes to build my own GWH Su-27 and I look forward to your GWH Su-30 build which I hope you will share with us all too.

Duncan B

Great attention to detail, you clearly understand your techniques very well 👏👏👏

Looks very realistic, a real example of modelling artwork 👍

WOW !!! Just WOW. What an incredible build, even if I could get half of the detail you have managed to get in there I would be happy. Going to be using this WIP to help me build mine as it has definitely put me in the mood to get started on mine now.

Even made me order some more Flankers from Duncan B.

Will keep an eye out for your next build 👍

Truely amazed and just have to "chime in" with the rest - truely a masterpiece! And very inspirational for the rest of us. I`ve seen a couple of them in close proximity - and the SU-27 is HUGE!

Fantastic photography and presentation as well!!👍

What`s next from you?

On 4/16/2022 at 10:31 PM, Phantom726 said:

That truely is a masterpiece model. It must be one of the top 5 best aircraft models I have ever seen on various forums. Your attention to detail is amazing and very inspiring. Thank you for sharing you work with us.

On 4/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Alan P said:

Great attention to detail, you clearly understand your techniques very well 👏👏👏

Looks very realistic, a real example of modelling artwork 👍

On 4/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, James G said:

Fantastic work as ever Yufei, thanks for the great how-to notes and photos

On 4/21/2022 at 9:53 PM, Pablito said:

Wonderful work! Congratulations!! 🏆🏅

Thank you all, friends!!

On 4/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, Duncan B said:

It really is one of the best builds I have ever seen and the information you give us on how to go about building our own is most appreciated. I am sure your work in progress posts have sold many GWH Flankers to folk who might not have bought them otherwise.

I look forward to using this WiP as inspiration when the time comes to build my own GWH Su-27 and I look forward to your GWH Su-30 build which I hope you will share with us all too.

Duncan B

Haha, hope my built is informative and helps to promote kit sales!

I have been staying at home for more than 1 week since Shanghai is now lock down by local government due to Omicron pandemic here.

So I have not received my Su-30SM while some folks in other China cities even finished building it...sad story ;) but at least I have plenty time to finish this Su-27 diorama patiently.

Yufei

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, Sebastien said:

Hi,

Your Flanker is a masterpiece.

Which Galaxy reference did you use for the masks ?

Regards,

S.

It‘s the D48018 set.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, Iceman11 said:

Truely amazed and just have to "chime in" with the rest - truely a masterpiece! And very inspirational for the rest of us. I`ve seen a couple of them in close proximity - and the SU-27 is HUGE!

Fantastic photography and presentation as well!!👍

What`s next from you?

I will build the Tamiya 1/48 F-16 to change the taste from Russian aircrafts.

Actually I have not built a Tamiya kit for 20 years! ;) 

• Thanks 1

During the lock down in Shanghai, I have plenty of time to keep on building other items for the diorama.

This time figures are done. ;) 

348.jpg
349.jpg
350.jpg
355.jpg
357.jpg
358.jpg
359.jpg
360.jpg
361.jpg

So what's next?

It will be PAG-14 tarmac, and APA-5D starter truck!

Thanks for watching and have a nice day!

Edited by haneto
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, haneto said:

Haha, hope my built is informative and helps to promote kit sales!

I have been staying at home for more than 1 week since Shanghai is now lock down by local government due to Omicron pandemic here.

So I have not received my Su-30SM while some folks in other China cities even finished building it...sad story ;) but at least I have plenty time to finish this Su-27 diorama patiently.

Yufei

We heard about the lockdown in Shanghai, I hope you are staying safe and healthy, more time for model making I guess.

Duncan B

On 4/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Duncan B said:

We heard about the lockdown in Shanghai, I hope you are staying safe and healthy, more time for model making I guess.

Duncan B

Thanks Duncan!

We are having 5 days Labor Day holidays now, but still no where to go.

Good time for modelling though! ;) 

Yufei

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

An incredible build and such attention to detail!

Your annotated photos of the various stages are bookmarked for future reference.

Having pre painted most parts, what glue do you use to avoid damage to the finish when they are joined / attached?

Mike

• 9 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, FortyEighter said:

An incredible build and such attention to detail!

Your annotated photos of the various stages are bookmarked for future reference.

Having pre painted most parts, what glue do you use to avoid damage to the finish when they are joined / attached?

Mike

Thank you!

On 10/11/2022 at 3:13 AM, PeteH1969 said:

Great build of both the SU and the Maz you should be very proud of your build.

Very Nice.

Actually the APA-5D is not a Maz, but a Ural truck chasis. ;)