PK-115 Bf110 3 colour ***Finished***

Not as colourful as some on the page with 3 colours, green, sky blue and mustard making up the sprues. 

I was looking for a Helldiver but couldn’t find on at Middle Wallop, out the corner of my eye I spy’d this kit. It’s one I had made before and will make a nice comparison to the vintage Airfix kit I built a few years ago.

52-E5-FA8-C-325-B-4-D63-8-F11-5072-E6419

• Like 12

So good to see the 110 represented here Ozzy, but oh boy look at those vivid and bright sprue colours!! 

Now besides the rather heavy panel lines, the rest of the kit actually looks quite good and I'm sure you'll make a great job building up this kit. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great choice @Ozzy

I used the shark mouth decals on a recent Unicraft kit, I had no idea they were Matchbox decals.

Everyday a school day 

Good luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

thanks Pat,

Hopefully the decals have stood the test of time, I’m not sure which scheme to go for yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So good to see the 110 represented here Ozzy, but oh boy look at those vivid and bright sprue colours!! 

Now besides the rather heavy panel lines, the rest of the kit actually looks quite good and I'm sure you'll make a great job building up this kit. 

Cheers, welcome aboard and best of luck.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

I’ve been looking forward to this one.

• Like 1

It's nice to see this one getting built.

Regarding the decals, I've just added the wasp version decals to a rebuild I've done. I used lukewarm water and they came off the backing paper without drama. They didn't crack up and they settled down without problems. I hope yours are the same.

Tony.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TonyW said:

It's nice to see this one getting built.

Regarding the decals, I've just added the wasp version decals to a rebuild I've done. I used lukewarm water and they came off the backing paper without drama. They didn't crack up and they settled down without problems. I hope yours are the same.

Tony.

Thanks Tony,

I'm going pop them in the window first to reduce any yellowing, I’ll let you know how I get on in a month or so.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

Very interesting choice, I had no idea Matchbox kits included the Bf110, not so sure about those sprue colours mind.

David

Thanks David,

I have a soft spot for the 110 so when I saw it, I snapped it up. I had the kit many years ago as a Christmas present but don’t remember it being that bright. The picture on the side of the box of an unpainted kit, doesn’t look that bad. 

I must cut some sprue over the weekend and start the build.

• Like 2

Today I ripped the cellophane wrapping the sprues, I have 3 brightly coloured sprues and a bit of a surprise to me a stand.

it’s literally flying together, I’ve worked out which scheme I’m doing I’ll just need some hairspray.

1-B3-D7143-E3-B1-4991-A1-C4-8-B29119-CCA

05-B75-DE4-9223-41-BB-BFF9-048-BBC52-B8-

33-EF5-FE4-3581-459-D-8699-2147-E74-C6-D

D79-BA768-BFFA-4471-8598-3-EDE9411-D4-B9

• Like 13

23 hours ago, mike romeo said:

Quick work!

17 hours ago, Walter said:

Nice looking forward to see how it turns out.

16 hours ago, TimJ said:

That's come together quickly, nice work. 

Thanks Guys, 

As I mentioned it’s literally flying together, that was a couple of hours yesterday.

today I finished the build and slapped on a bit of paint, I’m going to do the wasp with a whitewash overcoat. I’m going to use the hairspray method for the whitewash.

2-EC4-EF85-2-E6-F-43-FD-95-B9-CDBE0-F130

FC680246-C3-A7-42-F0-9-DBE-56-B98-BF67-D

• Like 13

On 24/01/2022 at 11:22, Adm Lord De Univers said:

That escalated quickly! Shame to see the British Racing beige disappear...

David

Thanks David,

My local club do a 6 hour group build so used this build as a bit of practice.

Mmmm...  I wonder if anyone is simply building one of the Matchbox kits carefully, polishing up the plastic and putting the decals straight on? The 110 would look pretty good with simply polished plastic. Since you're one of the reasons I'm in this GB I shall be watching this with interest, your plan for the worn whitewash sounds like a good choice.

• Like 3

On 26/01/2022 at 17:44, stevej60 said:

Great progress Ozzy.

Cheers Steve

21 hours ago, Natter said:

Mmmm...  I wonder if anyone is simply building one of the Matchbox kits carefully, polishing up the plastic and putting the decals straight on? The 110 would look pretty good with simply polished plastic. Since you're one of the reasons I'm in this GB I shall be watching this with interest, your plan for the worn whitewash sounds like a good choice.

that thought did cross my mind Dave, I’m happy to hear I’m the reason you in the GB. looking forward to seeing a Natter build, whatever you choose will look fantastic.

Well done @Ozzy and apologies for not stopping by this thread earlier than I have. That’s fantastic progress so far and I quite like the neat clean build progress shots which show this kits parts so nicely. I pleasantly surprised how crisp and sharp those parts look in bare plastic, really nice. The paintwork is starting to look good too, overall this is coming along very well. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well done @Ozzy and apologies for not stopping by this thread earlier than I have. That’s fantastic progress so far and I quite like the neat clean build progress shots which show this kits parts so nicely. I pleasantly surprised how crisp and sharp those parts look in bare plastic, really nice. The paintwork is starting to look good too, overall this is coming along very well. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,

No worries, it looks an epic task you and Pat have taken on as hosts. It’s come together slower that I would have built it as a teenager, less glue finger prints everywhere.

17 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff @Ozzy

I don't envy you masking that canopy,  but your 110 is looking the business.  :like:

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat,

No masks here, just a steady hand and a fine brush.

I’m calling her finish, the decals were surprisingly fresh looking all things considered. They went on without any fuss, hairspray followed shortly after. Then a brush coat of XF-2 followed by a once over with a toothbrush. I’m really pleased with the way she’s turned out.

05674-B04-AD95-467-B-951-A-CA17430-FDA30

725-C567-E-C0-E6-47-ED-83-A7-51463-F8-FD

81-D70-EBC-0-F01-4-E06-AAE9-B37-C2-A2205

8-EF08528-9-A39-4824-87-B1-16961-C75-DB0

9018-D5-F8-BE75-4953-BBF9-7-F0-CCA9-A05-

ED77570-A-5-FA4-4-ECB-B9-FF-CC005-F96-F6

F17-BDF40-5-DC9-438-D-907-D-214-E5-B1563

• Like 16

• Ozzy changed the title to PK-115 Bf110 3 colour ***Finished***